Where do I find original listing date on item I want to buy?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Where do I find original listing date on item I want to buy?

I don't think you can on certain listings but at the top of the description is -

Last updated on  27 Mar, 2018 09:51:46 AEDST  View all revisions   (example only)

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You can also view the seller's items and sort by Time: newly listed. (If they have a lot of items, just narrow the search down with keywords). 

It only shows the day & month, though, not the year - meaning, if it says it was listed on the 10th of January, that could mean it was listed 9 days, or it could mean 5 years ago. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

That only applies to GTC listings. If it's on 30 days or less, there's way of knowing when it was listed.

twinkle, If it's an auction and you want to know when the auction started you click on the number of bids and it shows the details.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

There's no easy way of knowing for GTC listings, either, since they could be listed for X amount of time before their first revision (if they've even had one), and the year doesn't show in the newly listed sort order (they are in descending order though, so if there weren't many listings, or someone had the time and patience to go through every page, they'd know when the years ticked over because there'd be Jan > Dec > Nov.... back to Jan > Dec etc in cycles). 

For 30-day BINS, there's no way to know when it was first listed, if it's been listed for more than a couple of cycles, but it will show the date of the new listing, and you can at least see if there's been a couple of previous runs in completed listings. 

It's kinda funny because I saw recently via the make an offer info that it's part of eBay's advice to check when an item was listed on the site because sellers might be more likely to negotiate if the item has been listed a long time, but they don't actually provide any tools to do that properly. o.O

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have listings that have been going for 5+ years. On 30 day BINs.

i certainly wouldn't enter into negotiations about them, as they are already priced competitively (against Australian sellers anyway), so the longer it takes eBay to provide the 'proper' tools the better.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply