Why are Sellers allowed to sell FAKE BRANDED items on EBay Australia????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to buy a Fjallraven Kanken backpack and realised that there are a LOT of FAKE items listed here on EBay Australia?? So changed the search criteria to pre-owned and the results came back with two pre-owned and a LOT of NEW listings that were not only FAKE but the sellers were APPARENTLY in AUSTRALIA??? I would not be able to sell a BRANDED item on EBay Australia if it wasn’t AUTHENTIC! Ebay would remove my listing so why do they allow this from FOREIGN sellers??? EBAY, please sort this out ASAP

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Why are Sellers allowed to sell FAKE BRANDED items on EBay Australia????

Thanks but I already knew that how do you think I posted this Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Ah! Then... hang on, I'll test the app. I did download it at some stage...

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

I think I may have found it. I clicked onto the Help link, entered the word "Community" into the search field, clicked onto the Community content policy from the search result, scrolled down to where it sayss "Visit the eBay Community", and clicked onto the link. I arrived!

(It looks just as the boards look in a web browser on my iPhone.)

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Yes it worked thanks! it does seem as though eBay don't really want us to use the discussion boards do they otherwise they wouldn't have hidden it away like that

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I was a victim by 2 x Chinese Australian Ebay sellers delivering counterfeit goods. I went to get lengths, even loosing money for the cause to get Ebay to do something about. I even got an official letter from the original manufacturer stating that they were not their product and Ebay would not accept it... because it didn't have the 'company seal'. It seems like you have to do absolutely nothing to establish a fake is genuine but you can never do enough to prove a fake is a fake, go figure? Ebay were not interested in the slightest in doing something about it and I escalated it as much as I could. They are aiding and abetting fraudsters, it makes them lots of money. They are all vile scum, Ebay included for not doing a damn thing about the rampant systemic problem on their platform. I hope they all die of some heinous incurable painful disease. Scum bags

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

I was a victim by 2 x Chinese Australian Ebay sellers delivering counterfeit goods. I went to get lengths, even loosing money for the cause to get Ebay to do something about. I even got an official letter from the original manufacturer stating that they were not their product and Ebay would not accept it... because it didn't have the 'company seal'. It seems like you have to do absolutely nothing to establish a fake is genuine but you can never do enough to prove a fake is a fake, go figure? Ebay were not interested in the slightest in doing something about it and I escalated it as much as I could. They are aiding and abetting fraudsters, it makes them lots of money. They are all vile scum, Ebay included for not doing a damn thing about the rampant systemic problem on their platform that they continue to make money on. I hope they all die of some heinous incurable painful disease. Scum bags

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@autopowerpartsonline wrote:

I was a victim by 2 x Chinese Australian Ebay sellers delivering counterfeit goods.

If the sellers were registered in China, eBay Australia has no power to deal with them.

There's a good reason why they are called "Teflon Sellers".................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

padi... is there a word for someone who wishes a painful death on another?

I don't understand people who get worked up about a dud widget when their is the MBG.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Sheeesh... 2 years later & you're still banging on about this... time to move on.

What sort of person wishes a painful death on others?

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

padi... is there a word for someone who wishes a painful death on another?

For people that dribble on ?    Water torture maybe ?    🤣

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 28
Latest reply