Why are responses to problems so difficult

I had an issue with a seller and seemed to receive a refund. Between the issue and the refund I applied for eBay to step in, on receiving refund I tried to cancell the eBay assist and close the case but it failed twice. I gave up.

I received an email from eBay saying they will give me a curtesy refund and they closed the case. But I can't respond nor simply contact eBay to say, hang on it looks like I received a refund from the seller.

Why do they make things so difficult to contact them. Everything is so geared to make a buck that you have to go through hoops to get anywhere, even to this page to ask this question.

To top it of I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right place? I give up!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why are responses to problems so difficult

Thanks to all for the replies and ambercat16 for deciphering my post. In all I was trying to avoid a double refund which would cause more hassles, I had already wasted enough time trying to get the refund as most of you would have already experienced in the past. As such, I abandoned the quest to do the right thing as I posted the original post. I now just checked PayPal and no courtesy refund from eBay, only the one from the seller. No other deposits or withdrawals either. Did I get a refund, yes. Did I get a courtesy refund from eBay, no. Was I able to contact eBay. no Do I have a clue as to what happened. Absolutely no idea. O' well. Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You got your money refunded.

What is the problem?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Don't give up! *hug*

Honestly, you're getting a refund so yippee over that! Aside from that, you could try again to contact eBay through the help section.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Don't give up! *hug*

Honestly, you're getting a refund so yippee over that! Aside from that, you could try again to contact eBay through the help section.

Why?

Money refunded, presumably no loss. What can contacting eBay achieve?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Shocking isn't it.  I'm trying swapmeet.net.au as ebay has become way too difficult.  The future between Paypal and ebay will be interesting.  Will Paypal do ebay's dirty work for them any more?

Joono
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Shocking isn't it.  I'm trying swapmeet.net.au as ebay has become way too difficult.  The future between Paypal and ebay will be interesting.  Will Paypal do ebay's dirty work for them any more?

What dirty work? OP says they were refunded!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I wasn't being specific to this case Davewil.  Remember back when refunds were issued by ebay when there was a problem?  Then all claims were dealt with by Paypal, but Paypal were part of ebay.  Now they are not, so does that mean ebay have wiped themselves of any obligation to help when things go wrong?

Anyway, this is off topic.  I'm glad Walldeck got their 'curtesy' refund.  Curtesy seems to mean they didn't have to but they did anyway.

Joono
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I thought the OP was saying that he/she had received a refund from the seller and then eBay advised they were sending a courtesy refund.  I thought the OP was trying to explain to eBay that the seller had refunded and that their frustration was in trying to get through to eBay.

Might be wrong though - it has happened before

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks to all for the replies and ambercat16 for deciphering my post. In all I was trying to avoid a double refund which would cause more hassles, I had already wasted enough time trying to get the refund as most of you would have already experienced in the past. As such, I abandoned the quest to do the right thing as I posted the original post. I now just checked PayPal and no courtesy refund from eBay, only the one from the seller. No other deposits or withdrawals either. Did I get a refund, yes. Did I get a courtesy refund from eBay, no. Was I able to contact eBay. no Do I have a clue as to what happened. Absolutely no idea. O' well. Thanks
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay would try every which way to claw the courtesy refund back from the seller.  It is my guess that they discovered that the seller had already given you a refund.

Don't try too hard to work out what happened....no-one ever can work out what ebay does.  Just accept that you got your refund.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply