Why can't I buy I buy combined items without immediate payment through ebay checkout?

How do I remove ebay checkout so I can buy multiple items without being taken to ebay checkout with every item?

It also adds the postage on for every item and you have to contact seller to remove it so you can complete the sale.

It's a total pain!!!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Why can't I buy I buy combined items without immediate payment through ebay checkout?

Re: Why can't I buy I buy combined items without immediate payment through ebay checkout?

in reply to 4channel

a) Why is it pointless asking a seller to combine items if checkout is not working as you expect it to? You've previously advocated contacting a seller using (the much despised by yourself) GSP to ask for a different shipping option - how is this any different?

b) In your earlier message you referred to them as "Buy it Now" items - why are you now saying they're auctions?

c) How would anyone here know what's causing the chckout bug? We're not eBay. As I said earlier it could be any number of things

*SIGH* You're at it again. Sorry, I'm not going to bother with you any further on this one.

Spoiler
Time for you to have dinner

Now back on to the subject,

@westymon wrote:

How do I remove ebay checkout so I can buy multiple items without being taken to ebay checkout with every item?

It also adds the postage on for every item and you have to contact seller to remove it so you can complete the sale.

It's a total pain!!!

Now with respect to the OP's issue and excellent post. I'll state again that I have recently been ablle too click buy it now on some and shop around for a while over a few days before finalising and getting a total invoice when I've looked at enough. We all know that with sellers that have a large inventory and are adding new items daily, this is the best way.

Once I ppurchased amn assortment of items from a seller and was going to ask for the invoice for total. I thought ...  "Hmm, I may have one more look". And just as well that I did because there was another item that I missed. Just as well.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

in reply to 4channel

a) Why is it pointless asking a seller to combine items if checkout is not working as you expect it to? You've previously advocated contacting a seller using (the much despised by yourself) GSP to ask for a different shipping option - how is this any different?

b) In your earlier message you referred to them as "Buy it Now" items - why are you now saying they're auctions?

c) How would anyone here know what's causing the chckout bug? We're not eBay. As I said earlier it could be any number of things

*SIGH* You're at it again. Sorry, I'm not going to bother with you any further on this one.

Spoiler
Time for you to have dinner

Now back on to the subject,

@westymon wrote:

It's a total pain!!!

Now with respect to the OP's issue and excellent post. I'll state again that I have recently been ablle too click buy it now on some and shop around for a while over a few days before finalising and getting a total invoice when I've looked at enough. We all know that with sellers that have a large inventory and are adding new items daily, this is the best way.

Once I ppurchased amn assortment of items from a seller and was going to ask for the invoice for total. I thought ...  "Hmm, I may have one more look". And just as well that I did because there was another item that I missed. Just as well.

What an illogical response. It seems you can't handle having your ideas challenged, 4channel.

And now you're replying to OP's question from over 3 years ago - my goodness! Smiley Mad

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Well, you wouldn't be able to keep shopping from me because eBay has forced me into immediate payment. They are gradually forcing every seller into immediate payment, so the days of browsing a store is nearly over. If you can find a seller who isn't forced into immediate payment,  buy while you can because their days are numbered.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Well, thanks for the heads up. I may have to do that and have a mini spree. When things get too bad / restrictive, I'll shop elsewhere and come back for the occasional look.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Promise?

According to a post either here or somewhere else, if you offer promos, the ability to combine postage is disabled.

Given I offer volume discounts, that would explain why my buyers can't request a combined shipping invoice. They could, and some do, alert me to what they want and I set up a listing for them. Otherwise I refund less the extra fees I incur.

Of course, if I didn't offer discounts it wouldn't be an issue. But the buyer would be paying more. Not exactly a win-win.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Promise?

According to a post either here or somewhere else, if you offer promos, the ability to combine postage is disabled.

Given I offer volume discounts, that would explain why my buyers can't request a combined shipping invoice. They could, and some do, alert me to what they want and I set up a listing for them. Otherwise I refund less the extra fees I incur.

Of course, if I didn't offer discounts it wouldn't be an issue. But the buyer would be paying more. Not exactly a win-win.

Unfortunately 4channel has already declared it's "... pointless getting seller to cancel auctions [BIN listings? - I'm still unclear which] then combine..." โ€” something your buyers evidently haven't yet realised the futility of, Dave, and a delusion they'll continue to be afflicted by if you insist on indulging such requests. I tell you, this whole "buyers and sellers communicating with each other" thing you've got going isn't to be trusted!

Ultimately you're just creating more work yourself by accomodating customer requests - some will return and make further purchases, or โ€” even worse โ€” share their positive experience with others who in turn also purchase from you.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I know, I know.

I guess I must be a masochist.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply