Why can't I delete watched items !!!

jiga5
Community Member

Anyone have an suggestions how to deleted watch items now ? The delete button does nothing. And no I'm not going to use chromo of anything else.

Ebay, fix ya bloody site so that it works

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why can't I delete watched items !!!

Step 1:

Clear your cookies and cache, if no good,

Step 2:

Add ebay.com.au to your compatibility view list in tools, or take it out.

Some updates work better in, some out. No good,

Step 3:

Use Chrome or Firefox. These are more eBay friendly. Whether you like it or not.

Or leave eBay and try a different shopping site, if you refuse to spend a minute setting up Chrome to see all your problems vanish.

I have not seen any of the issues mentioned over the past few months using Chrome.

There are also no problems with Safari.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@jiga5 wrote:

Anyone have an suggestions how to deleted watch items now ? The delete button does nothing. And no I'm not going to use chromo of anything else.

Ebay, fix ya bloody site so that it works

jiga, it's not eBay's problem, it's a problem with IE, but there are other ongoing problems with IE as well with eBay.

I was hesitant about changing to Firefox and (later) Chrome, but now I've got used to them I've found them far easier to use and much less glitchy than IE.

Try it, I dont think you'll regret it - and if you do you can always go back to IE.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

jiga5
Community Member

Ah ok thanks, yeah tried steps 1 and 2 and didnt help. problem is I use ebay on work PC so cant swtich to chromo etc and it doesnt work on iphone either.

Why did ebay update their site so it wouldnt work with IE or is it IE fault ?

Right now I dont feel like I should give my business to either company if they cant get their **bleep** in order

Ebay spends alot of money forcing users to use paypal only to now have a site that doesnt work with IE so they can no longer use completely lol

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Can you use a mobile app? There are problems with the eBay app too, but it might be easier for you?

You say you have an iPhone but not if you are using the app.

Give it a try if you can, that could work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Hi, I found an easy fix when I had this problem. If you're compatibility views settings have somehow changed (like mine had) the delete button refuses to work. It may be that it has other effects on other buttons as well but I was only interested in the delete button.

I'm using IE and Windows 7, by the way.

Click on tools in the top right, scroll down to compatibility view settings and check if Ebay has been added. If it has, remove it and things should be back to normal. At least it was in my case, hope it works for you.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Easy, go to your watched item and click the Add to Watch List again. Hey presto, item now unwatched,

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I had the same problem answer is to check the box left side of item then go to the top and hit delete. job done.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Doesn't work for me - the items are still there. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

That was to BSAL, Ruth your way worked. Thank you.. Now I know. Previously all I had to do wasclick the delete box within the item. But this way works too. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply