Why doesn't ebay shut down toilet paper gougers that appear to be proliferating now?

$100 for 36 rolls? Clearly certain individuals are trying to profiteers and may be part of the stripped shelves we continue to see in spite of assurances from the manufacturers that supplies are abundant. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Why doesn't ebay shut down toilet paper gougers that appear to be proliferating now?

Kindly go read the other 50 + threads about this and then do something about it

Goodbye

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Help is at hand.

Don't spend time searching for these listings.

Don't read these listings.

Don't buy from these listings.

Do the above & you will have no need to express your  outrage.

Works for me.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@in2essence wrote:

$100 for 36 rolls? Clearly certain individuals are trying to profiteers and may be part of the stripped shelves we continue to see in spite of assurances from the manufacturers that supplies are abundant. 

Does that include postage? Or do you think they should charge supermarket prices to deliver to you, who could well be on the other side of the country?

Compared to the other 50-odd complaints, that seems close to reasonable. A rough guess would be costs of $60, so hardly gouging.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I now have a standard reply -

Leaving soon, almost full...

Image result for outrage bus

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I think of outrage as a fuel. It's a pity to use it up just to run up and down on the same spot, when it can be used rather to power action against the situation or people causing the outrage.

(But I acknowledge that I've sometimes spent time venting... knowing that venting isn't achieving anything other than letting steam out of my head. Steam coming out of one's ears)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@in2essence wrote:

eBay introduced a specific report function for those that are price gouging those specific items for General

household items,Hygiene items,Medical supplies,Other and Sanitation items.

But now it's gone again (probably because all the listings were being reported instead of just the price gouging

ones so once again numpties shut down a good thing).Angry head bang.gif

Gone again.JPG

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Somone in tech has done something funny Smiley Indifferent

I noticed that the wording on the eBay info page has changed - this was a copy / paste directly from that page only yesterday:

Go to the listing and choose Report item, which you'll find next to the Description and Postage & payments options.
On the File a report page, select Prohibited and restricted items in the Report category field.
In the Reason for report field, select Price gouging.
Select an option from the Detailed reason field and then Submit report.

This is the same section copy / pasted today:

Go to the listing and choose Report item, which you'll find next to the Description and Postage & payments options.
On the File a report page, select Price gouging in the Report category field.

And of course, 'Price gouging" does not appear in the report category field. One can only hope they decided to make the report options even more apparent, and have only completed half the task (that being shifting "price gouging" from the second field to the first). 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Somone in tech has done something funny :smileyindifferent

This is the same section copy / pasted today:

On the File a report page, select Price gouging in the Report category field.

At present it's back to the Copyright and trademark,Listing Practices and Prohibited and restricted items.

And of course, 'Price gouging" does not appear in the report category field. One can only hope they decided to make the report options even more apparent, and have only completed half the task (that being shifting "price gouging" from the second field to the first). 

They just need to send out a general Email and quote their policy in regards to these items and state the

penalties for price gouging and they should stop.

Most people still think that they can list anything on eBay without consequences and they need to be informed

that they can't.good.gif

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply