Why dose purchases from China take so long? Can't eBay improve this situation?

i have purchase items from England and USA and these countries are further away from us than China, but the delivery time from China is three times longer and it's frustrating, but once again sometimes Australia is a desert for products and you have to go to China to get what you want , but the delivery time is the Bug Bare and you tend not to buy from Chinese Sellers , this I think is a drawback to these sellers and eBay should do something about it they are big enough to do it. Regards mcdonald2461

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay could do something about postage times and rates if they wanted to and should.

Simply they would make it policy that if you have an ebay store or a volume of business X big, perhaps a tiered system, then your services need to be commensurate e.g. accept returns of product, standard warranty periods, postal times etc.

‘a slow boat from China’ I believe is the real reason, waiting for a shipping container to be filled and surfaced shipped including intermediate ports en-route.

One of my pet annoyances re eBay is a product having a less expensive price, often much less than the cost of the item, and making up for this with overly inflated shipping rates sometime of hundreds of dollars.  This should be stamped out.  Delivery costs should match the actual freight charges.  This way you can actually compare product features v price i.e. bang for buck, across several suppliers.

As we get more seasoned with difference selling platforms we learn the idiosyncrasies and how to spot the more reputable businesses.  Good luck trying to get Google on the phone BTW.  Cheers.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Some people have no other choice than to buy as cheaply as possible as they are poor, unemployed or on a pension for instance.  So its all very good to say dont buy from the Chinese or whoever.  You try it.

I buy wherever i see a product that i like, suits my needs, is within a certain budget, and delivery time is a big factor, if its important to me on whatever level then usually i tick 'Australia Only', however if its not so timely and esp' if its $ sensitive i buy on price.  Still though i expect to receive my items within a ~fortnight.  Sea v air freight being the difference.  Generally i don’t use other buying platforms even though the prices are cheaper due to the long shipping time frames.  I was quoted 36 days recently and this is not uncommon, often longer.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Please do tell what eBay Australia is going to do about how long the postal system from China takes?

Do you intend to drag up every agent thread you an find and spam it with nonsense ?

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Everyone is able to see estimated delivery dates

Every buyer has the option to open disputes

And rich, poor or otherwise, buying dodgy knock off electric items from dodgy sellers in China is always a choice

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply