Why dose purchases from China take so long? Can't eBay improve this situation?

i have purchase items from England and USA and these countries are further away from us than China, but the delivery time from China is three times longer and it's frustrating, but once again sometimes Australia is a desert for products and you have to go to China to get what you want , but the delivery time is the Bug Bare and you tend not to buy from Chinese Sellers , this I think is a drawback to these sellers and eBay should do something about it they are big enough to do it. Regards mcdonald2461

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Well said mcdonald!

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Omg 

I'll just leave you all to it

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Old MacDonald had a farm. Who are you, an old farmer who thinks you know everything?

As for me judging, you called me a lad. And you made that judgement based on what? Pot calling the kettle black there. You made a judgement tut tut

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

@mcdonald2461 wrote:
Thanks digital ghost for a interesting reply opened my eyes
11dustuattic You need to wake up lad and give up judging everyone by you perverted views.

I said I was sorry. I'm shocked at these comments but anyway I'm out of here. Not interested in being part of your little pc crowd. Go **bleep** yourself

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

I purchased a new mattress a little over two weeks ago. It had to be manufactured (locally), as the company doesn't keep all sizes on hand, but the company promised it would take no more than two weeks.   As it turns out, it was delivered within one week. Local manufacture has its benefits.

(Mind you, I'm still waiting for a company representative to deliver the right size extra slat for additional spinal support, as the delivery guys picked up the wrong size... but I'm not put out in the meantime as the person to whom I spoke talked me through a temporary workaround. I may give another call to remind them and make a definite day for the slat swap.)

Tomor - oh, sacred whole grain mustard, it's past 1:30, so I mean TODAY - I'm going to pick up some compression socks (23-32 mmHg) for my father, who occasionally has to deal with oedema of both feet/ankles as a result of medication and other conditions. No waiting for a delivery from anywhere! I'd have placed an order with a Sydney company which had both excellent quality and really good prices... but with the current slow delivery rate, it's just not practical. Local(ish) means no waiting - and I was also impressed by the good service from the company in question (in Flemington) over the phone.

The current restrictions in Victoria are quite onerous; I miss the level of engagement I would usually have while out and about, communicating with a good variety of people and enjoying the company of friends. But I can at least make eye contact and chat a little (within my 2 by 2 social distancing bubble) with essential salespeople. That's another benefit in buying locally...

Did I mention the food/meat slicer which I bought recently? I suspect that I did. My best friend reminded me (over email) that I'd already described its excellence and gorgeous red colour at some length in a text message. I replied along the lines of "Did I tell you that it's red?" Bought locally, delivered very quickly, and it has an excellent warranty. Oh, and did I describe its beautiful red colour...?

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Did I mention the food/meat slicer which I bought recently? I suspect that I did. My best friend reminded me (over email) that I'd already described its excellence and gorgeous red colour at some length in a text message. I replied along the lines of "Did I tell you that it's red?" Bought locally, delivered very quickly, and it has an excellent warranty. Oh, and did I describe its beautiful red colour...?

Excellent colour choice, countess, as is always the case with red things!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@mcdonald2461 wrote:
Thanks digital ghost for a interesting reply opened my eyes
11dustuattic You need to wake up lad and give up judging everyone by you perverted views.

I said I was sorry. I'm shocked at these comments but anyway I'm out of here. Not interested in being part of your little pc crowd. Go **bleep** yourself

My dude...

The reaction to your comments wasn't about being "PC" as it came acrosss as being overtly racist, and your claims were left unsubstantiated. 

Also, consumerism does not = activism.

Trying to shame people for buying from China is pointless and acheives nothing. It's no different to vegans yelling at someone eating at KFC and trying to claim the act of eating that burger is responsible for the living conditions and deaths of billions of chickens a year. 

These things are systemic issues, individual choices can be better, but that does not mean someone making different choices makes them any of the following things - stupid, selfish, ignorant, the cause of widespread harm, morally / ethically bad. 

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

tdes-br2015
Community Member

I've now made up my mind!   no chance to ever  buying  anything anymore from China.  They announce to have the goods, take days/week to reply messages, promise it is prompt shipment, it is not, then keep on cheating us as though we were all stupid.  Fed up!  

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

Chinese Chinese Chinese 

Who cares about the bleeping Chinese sheesh

You buy from them to penny pinch and then find a way to blame others, because it couldn't possibly be that you're lacking brain matter for supporting them in the first place and putting Australian sellers out of business.

Oh and that's just the tip of the iceberg. What else are they doing to our country. Have you bothered to look? I guess you haven't had time, too busy chasing the whereabouts of a $1 poc. 

A suggestion for you. Spend more time worrying about how YOU are contribiting to our postal costs being so high (Chinese mail isn't delivered free. Someone has to pay for it) and how YOU are handing our country to them. Look a little harder, look a little deeper

Everybody PLEASE do that. It extends way beyond Ebay. Wake up!!

Just saw this old post. Absolutely nailed it. I have got nothing against the Chinese or any other nation, but when they are conducting state run hacking and industrial cyber espionage and theft from our government and private companies, manipulating and holding to ransom our commercial exports and being allowed to buy up our key transport infrastructure and important export income producing agricultural and mining interests for a song its time to worry.

What most people may not be aware of though is that Canadian pension funds are buying up a lot more of our key agricultural land and vertically integrated commodities production companies than the Chinese. Four out of five of Australia's largest ever agricultural production conglomerates ( valued at over $500,000,000 each ) have gone to Canadian pension funds, not the Chinese. I,m not sure who purchased the fifth one.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

Sometimes you have no other choice but to buy from China as a lot of obsolete chips and other hard to get items are only available from China. Be careful as the Chinese are good at making fake transistors and chips especially when these components are rare & expensive from the UK or US and quite frankly are just not available here in the **bleep** end of the world, Australia.  The sad thing about it is with electronics it's always been that way ever since I started in the electronics trade in 1965.  If you see something you want in Australia, buy it now for it won't be available in a few years time, we have some of the most aggressive bean counters in the world.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply