Why is there a hold on refund money when it came from PayPal account?

laroos*
Community Member

Just was refunded by a seller,he did not get enough for his item so just canceled on me..Smiley Sad

Now Paypal send me a msg:

Temporary Hold Information: A temporary hold has been placed on funds that were returned to your account because you used Instant Bank Transfer to fund the original payment. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes three to four working days.

This money was already in my Paypal account?

Looks like

Ebay is getting worse by the day i noticed that when i did some selling, that they charge fees on the Postage?

I actualy feel sorry for you guy's how can you ever make a profit!

Sorry just having a moment,

cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

First up I would report the seller for not going by ebay conditions. if it sells,and you have paid regardless of the amount, they are required to ship the item..Unless they had a reserve price that was not met. That the sell price did not meet their expectations is irrelevant. Ebay advice to sellers is always "Ask the minimum price you are prepared to accept" Again. Report the seller

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes EWbay did chanfe the fees on postage. The FVF is now calculated on the sellprice plus postage

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Pretty disgusting i see it as stealing...Cat Mad

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Check your PayPal settings , since PayPals 'new look' they changed the payment method "using PayPal balance" to payments coming from a linked Bank account.

Just check it and reset it if that is what has happened. It sounds like that could be what happened since you mentioned that PayPal says the money came from you BA etc .

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I will check that thank you for the tip!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply