Qld to Tas postal hiccup.

I had an item posted from Queensland on 13th June, parcel has not arrived still. Does this seem an unusually long time for an item to be delivered from Qld to Tas? It does to me. The postal information is stating item delivered but no one at home sent to post office then not picked up,then returned to sender. All sounds slightly strange to me. All my mail is being picked up at the post office due to redirection as I have moved. Contacted seller and she is baffled a bit by this but is trying to help.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@michellebartley wrote:
Seller is doing a lost parcel enquiryonline for me so maybe something will eventuate from it.

Unlucky Michelle - sit tight and wait and see what the seller comes up with.

I would be asking at the PO though, why they RTS when you are collecting all your mail ?

It is highly likely although the staff at your PO know you & would hold it, parcels are often sent by postal parcel delivery people from a sorting centre, not your local PO.  I have encountered problems as a result of this on several occasions.

Long story, but basically, I had a customer in Sydney who went into her local PO and asked them to hold a parcel I sent her so she could collect it as she worked & needed the order by a certain date. I sent it with Tracking but she never received it - it was (according to Tacking) despatched from a sorting centre directly to her - it never went via the PO !! Sorry, don't mean to put you off, but it was never seen again !!!  I had to resend an $80 order plus pay for Registered SOD Express post at my expense - I had no comeback on anyone and Aust. Post refused even a discretionary payment or reimbursement of either of the postage costs.

Just one of those things that happens . . . . . luckily, not very often, just unlucky for me it happened on that occasion it was a reasonably big order

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'd be asking at the PO why they returned it when you had a redirection

in place.

Not sounding like good news for that Diesel fanny bag either

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

oh dear not another of Michelle's non delivery dramas
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Time to move perhaps, certainly must be one of the unluckiest addresses in Australia!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

She has moved and is moving again.   That's why there was a postal

re-direction in place

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I was staying in temp accommodation now have got a flat. I collect mail at post office, it isn't delivered to my address at present till I let post office know. Hopefully parcel will arrive Monday! Dastardly long time though.
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
I was staying in temp accommodation now have got a flat. I collect mail at post office, it isn't delivered to my address at present till I let post office know. Hopefully parcel will arrive Monday! Dastardly long time though.

Has the seller re-sent it? You said it returned to sender. They probably haven't even got it back yet, so Monday is unlikely.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I really think it is held up somewhere and I wont be concrened really unless its not here by next Wednesday then I may worry then. The whole tracking is up the putt on this item. No it wasn't resent to sender only tracking is telling me that. I collect ALL MAIL from post office and nothing goes to my old address. You do have to pay to have this done it is not for free.
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Type error mean concerned. Sorry.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Seller is doing a lost parcel enquiry online for me so maybe something will eventuate from it.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply