Qld to Tas postal hiccup.

I had an item posted from Queensland on 13th June, parcel has not arrived still. Does this seem an unusually long time for an item to be delivered from Qld to Tas? It does to me. The postal information is stating item delivered but no one at home sent to post office then not picked up,then returned to sender. All sounds slightly strange to me. All my mail is being picked up at the post office due to redirection as I have moved. Contacted seller and she is baffled a bit by this but is trying to help.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Qld to Tas postal hiccup.

Is a direction to Hold at the Post Office considered a redirection or would it come under the 10 days hold and then return to sender?

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Wonder if this was made clear to Michelle ?  Sometimes I find matters like this come down to asking the right questions . . . . .

more pertinent questions might be "Is the advice from the PO staff listened to?" . . . . . . and . . . . . "Is the advice of the PO staff followed or just ignored?"

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Is a direction to Hold at the Post Office considered a redirection or would it come under the 10 days hold and then return to sender?

A direction to hold mail is offered as a distinct fee-for-service by AP accessed by making an application with the charges calculated on a weekly basis, for up to a year.

The 10 day hold and return to sender is not a service you pay for, but a policy and practice adopted by AP for mail, including parcels, that has been carded and is waiting collection at the Post Office.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Oh no...................................just when everything was going well.........I thought.............

fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

The parcel was NOT held at post office but sent to my old address. Seeing as it wasnt collected it was sent back to seller (which ain't kosher as I paid to have my mail collected at post office). The seller messaged me this morning saying it was with her and asked if I wanted still the item and I said yes then had to fork out another $8.25 to have it sent back to me. The post offices explanation was "Oh some parcels slip through the redirection system" now me is thinking are there more Ebay parcels ending up this way.Or just total incompetence regarding this particular item I messaged seller about a week ago and said parcel should be here thats when they said "I will do a check" otherwise I would have been left in the lurch totally. All this and I'm half way through unpacking my contents at my new place.
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

To Imastawka★
You were pretty spot on and said "bet parcel has been returned" and then you mentioned the Diesel Fanny pack. Oh God No. Not that pleeeeeeeeeeze that would be the end of the world. Period. Plus I am waiting on at least another 6 parcels but they are from overseas and not here.Have done today mail re direction now to new address. Phew!
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I do hope they all go safely to the new address now Michelle Smiley Happy .

Good luck with the unpacking - must say it's not one of my favourite jobs, hope you settle in well.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Got my fingers crossed for ya, Michelle         michelle.gif

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
To Imastawka★
You were pretty spot on and said "bet parcel has been returned" and then you mentioned the Diesel Fanny pack. Oh God No. Not that pleeeeeeeeeeze that would be the end of the world. Period. Plus I am waiting on at least another 6 parcels but they are from overseas and not here.Have done today mail re direction now to new address. Phew!

I see what you mean.  Terrorist attacks over the weekend, earthquakes in Nepal, Greek economy causes shockwaves across the world financial markets . . . . . . but if you don't get your fanny pack it is the end of the world!  I don't know how I'll get up in the morning.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply