Why were my discount vouchers cancelled on 31/12/2018 and not on 01/01/2019 per the conditions?

vheve
Community Member

I had 2 vouchers due to expire tomorrow as stated in the conditions, but today they have disappeared from my summary page (when the summary page actually shows instead of the purchase history) and are no longer valid at checkout.  P5OFF & PERCENT5 I believe.  Did I misinterpret the eBay conditions? I had not used the vouchers for the transaction limit and they both appeared on my summary screen yesterday 30/12/2018.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Why were my discount vouchers cancelled on 31/12/2018 and not on 01/01/2019 per the conditions?

As I said in *most* cases 

Having no idea of what the item number is or seeing the ad/lsiting 

Personally, if it was an eBay generated code and not a seller code, I think it was rather silly for the seller  if they were to then go and add it again to the listing themselves when it was already there

Message 11 of 61
Latest reply

Message 12 of 61
Latest reply

That is either an incorrect item number or the listing has been removed by ebay.

If it is an ebay code then the seller is not responsible for when or where the promotion is showing.  When these promotions first started the seller often did not know that they were even in the promotion.  We had sellers coming to the boards screaming that they were being robbed by ebay as their buyers were paying less than the price on the item.  Some of them took some convincing that no matter what the buyer was paying they would get the correct amount of money.

The recent 5% discount offers were widely known as they were running for 3 or more months so most sellers would be aware of them.

Message 13 of 61
Latest reply

This was the item description:

"Dual sim model. In great condition . Not a single scratch on screen as always have protector. Unlock and work all networks. comes with cases ,new protector and Genuine Samsung fast charger and cable. Fast free shipping Use code P5off for $27off "

Message 14 of 61
Latest reply

I cannot see anything particularly to worry about but if the item number is not current and not in completed listings then it has probably been removed by ebay for some reason.

Message 15 of 61
Latest reply

It's an eBay code, not a seller-specific one.

You seem to be fishing for someone to say the seller should be liable for the difference now that the code has expired - they're not.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 16 of 61
Latest reply

I've no doubt if a certain someone reads this topic they will come in and agree it is the seller's fault  (as they always do when anything happens a buyer does not like, regardless of the seller being 100% at fault or 100% not at fault)

As I always say, when a question asked on the boards, there will be an honest answer

If rather,what someone wants to hear is needed the overseas call center is the way to go to get that answer

Message 17 of 61
Latest reply

Quite possibly, if it was from the seller starting with A. They have several red dots for other issues

Message 18 of 61
Latest reply

Incorrect.

Not sure why the listing does not show via the item number. It was not removed by eBay, but it sits in my Unpaid item list.

I purchased the item, but via checkout the code they listed did not work.

The seller told me to wait a day to pay so i could use a new code.

But i am :

1. Yet to see a new code today to use, and

2. Not sure if the new code would apply to an item bought the previous day, yet not paid for.

For the record, in this instance I don't think a seller should quote eBay's coupon discount codes as to me, it may falsely gives a buyer the incorrect price SHOULD eBay withdraw the code before a purchase is paid for via check out.

Leave the discounting up to eBay to highlight any savings......

Ps: not from a seller starting with A.

Message 19 of 61
Latest reply

@sam22312 wrote:

Incorrect.

Not sure why the listing does not show via the item number. It was not removed by eBay, but it sits in my Unpaid item list.

I purchased the item, but via checkout the code they listed did not work.

Just because you have bought the item it does not mean it has not been removed by ebay.  Have you checked your emails?  If the item has not been removed it should show in Completed Listings when the item number is searched for.

The seller told me to wait a day to pay so i could use a new code.

But i am :

1. Yet to see a new code today to use, and

2. Not sure if the new code would apply to an item bought the previous day, yet not paid for.

There is no guarantee that ebay is going to give us any more discount codes in the near future.....one of the recent 5% codes was in force for well over 3 months.....it rolled over twice that I know of.  The second 5% code was active for 3 months.  It is a pity they were pulled early as I still had one use that I was saving to use today.

The new code (if there is one) will be usable on any items that are still to be paid for.  They are only activated when you put them in when going through Checkout and paying with paypal.

For the record, in this instance I don't think a seller should quote eBay's coupon discount codes as to me, it may falsely gives a buyer the incorrect price SHOULD eBay withdraw the code before a purchase is paid for via check out.

Leave the discounting up to eBay to highlight any savings......

The sellers do NOT quote the ebay codes....ebay themselves put them on the listings.  In many cases the sellers do not even know about the codes and think they are being robbed.  It is only when they come to the boards that they learn that ebay is paying the discount amount and they will not be out of pocket.

The discount amounts only show on listings if that particular listing fills all the criteria such as price etc.  The codes can still be used for other items if you add more items in the Cart. 

The only codes that may be set up by the seller (or at least known about by the seller) are codes that are seller specific.....the general 5% recent ones are site wide for every buyer and every seller.

Ps: not from a seller starting with A.

Message 20 of 61
Latest reply