Will GST be charged on items bought from overseas and shipped to an Australian address?

I buy second hand collectables from small sellers located in the US and Europe. If I have them shipped to me in Australia will GST somehow be charged from July 1? What if shipping is to a US address?

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Will GST be charged on items bought from overseas and shipped to an Australian address?

That sure is a lot of words

Latest reply

Re: Will GST be charged on items bought from overseas and shipped to an Australian address?

Try using spellcheck, sentences and paragraphs and we might be able to understand you.

As far as I can make out you are only having a rant with no answer being needed.

Message 102 of 106
Latest reply

it is OCTOBER

Message 103 of 106
Latest reply

My god, that would have to be the longest sentence ever in the history of the English language. Completely impossible to read. If you want anyone to take notice of your post, if you are asking for help, you really should add some punctuation, capital letters at the start of a sentence and create some paragraphs. I'd be surprised if anyone here can make sense of that mess. 

Message 104 of 106
Latest reply

I think I can.....after reading it more than once.

They're compaining about the GSP - only they don't know it's the GSP

They think the ATO is taking more tax on imports.

The pertinent part is the last 7 words -

i rather not buy thank you lol

Message 105 of 106
Latest reply

I think it is a mix of both GSP and GST Stawks and the poster does not understand the difference.

My opinion is based on the bit about no tax being charged on imports under or over $1000......the import tax on $1000+ shipments has been in force for as long as I can remember and has included GST for 19 years.   The GST on low vaue imports is only 16 months old.

I guess we will never know unless the author comes back to explain.  Whatever it is, I can't see a question in there anywhere.

Message 106 of 106
Latest reply