Won't Refund Money after Item returned

seabay2
Community Member

Hi

I purchased an item but it was not what I had hoped it would be. The seller agreed to refund my money.Originally he gave me a chinese address even though the item was listed as located in Australia. He then gave me an Australian address & I sent the item back. He apparently can't locate it. I have a signed sheet from the courier that it was received. Any advice on what to do next? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Chinese seller - this doesn't bode well...

If there's still time, consider starting a return for Item Not As Described. Follow all the prompts, including uploading the tracking number.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I contacted a seller after my items didn't arrive. They said they'd get them out to me in 5-7 days. However three days later ebay emailed that the money had been refunded and the case was "closed". I should be the one to close the case once the situation has been resolved. I have no way of accessing the case.
When I checked my bank records, I was not refunded the full amount. I also found that the purchase amount had originally been higher than what the sale price on ebay was. I tried calling ebay customer service and was told everything looks fine on their end, then put me through to PayPal. After a long exchange with an automated voice, I was put through to an agent. There was queue and I was given the option of leaving my number to get a call back, so I did. I never received a call back! The Buyer Guarantee experience could have been improved by ensuring I did get all my money back.

I have no way of resolving this.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You should really have started your own thread on this question because it doesn't relate at all to the original poster's question, to get meaningful advice I'd urge you to do just that or the thread will get very confusing for others here.

Did you buy from the seller using one of eBay's discount vouchers? If you did then you'll only get back what the seller was paid, not the full amount. If this is not the case ask again in a new thread that you have started.

If you don't know how to do that go to the top of the board page and click on "new message" in grey.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

If you receive a refund there is no other possible resolution and the case is closed.  What else did you expect?

Was it an international transaction?  Often the discrepancy in the refunded amount is caused by the fluctuations in the exchange rate.

If you used a discount voucher when you paid you only get back the amount that you actually paid.  You do not get back the amount that was paid by ebay.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Padi, if a discount voucher was used the seller gets the full amount of the item but the buyer only pays the amount less the ebay voucher.

When refunded the buyer only gets back what they originally paid.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Yar lyndal, that's what I meant - coffee hasn't kicked in yet.............original.gif

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

How's the shoulder?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It's fine lyndal, not sore at all 'cos I was a good boy and didn't rip the stitches out !!!!!     Yet.....................

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Just wait till it starts to heal.....the itching will drive you crazy!Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply