Wow, ebay have restricted sellers of facemasks sanitiser etc. Only 100 sellers in Australia.

Interesting, Did they check that nearly all of them bar a couple are actually Chinese saying they are sending from Australia but actually sending from China? Geez I wonder why they are cheaper (Most) Putting Australians at risk who need them and have to wait 3-8 weeks for delivery.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Wow, ebay have restricted sellers of facemasks sanitiser etc. Only 100 sellers in Australia.

This is a crazy policy! Why are they only restricting to a "small number of approved business sellers" only? They can all now price their imported products at an even higher price now in the face of HIGH DEMAND and even LOWER supply? 

Their imported products (i.e. Chinese standard masks, etc) are exactly the same as everybody else. 3M even has a list that shows the performance specification between N95, P2, KN95, etc masks. (and they are practically the same, just not "approved" to use)  

This is going to make the vulnerable people, including the old ones, much harder to buy masks and wear them when they need to go out to shop for essential goods. 

How are we going to flatten the curve if we don't allow citizens to wear PPE (not hospital grade) to limit community spread? And don't tell me they are useless because why would Taiwan banned the export of masks 2 months earlier than we did, and they worked with the private industry to make 60 mask machines in less than two weeks and then ration out those masks to everyone via online purchases/delivery. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Now the governments around the world are saying that lesser than N95 masks are a good idea for the public. I was saying this from the start that they were just preserving supply, I agree save the N95s for the health professionals but to reduce the spread everyone should take precautions.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply