Yet Another Postage Question.....

Hi

I pose a question in relation to postage cost on purchased items.

would it be fair policy to request an actual postage reciept or a copy of the reciept with the item you purchase as you have paid for the

postage of the item.

Should EBay enforce this as standard practice when buying an item.

We recieve a reciept for the purchased item, why not for the postage that we pay for. This way we can indeed see what the actual

postage of the item really is.

i think this is a reasonable request as you recieve reciepts for everything you spend money on, so why not on postage you pay for.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

" . . . you recieve reciepts for everything you spend money on . . . ", no we don't!  I don't get a receipt for my fish and chips from the local takeaway.

Naughty Fish and Chip shop. *mine does* itemised too (looks around smugly).

Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

so long as Coral Sea on Deakin Ave continues to serve up the best F&C in Mildura I am happy to not get a receipt.

Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

so long as Coral Sea on Deakin Ave continues to serve up the best F&C in Mildura I am happy to not get a receipt.

I am very fussy about my fish and chips (errr flake and chips), and I'm a big fan of the 'old style' Greek run shops which

seem to be a dying breed. My local fave is not greek but gee they are good - fresh, golden, meaty (generous fillets).

Overdue for a trip to Sunraysia, we will have to check that shop out next time...

Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

I hope you're happy.

I am now going to spend a fair part of the rest of this evening practising how I can measure packaging tape without destroying its adhesion. Just in case I need to provide documentary evidence to a buyer. Who will NOT be the OP.

Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

That is an easy one Dave.....just take your tape measure and measure the tape once it is on the box/satchel/envelope.  Very time consuming but at least the tape will not stick to the tape measure.

Now all you have to do is work out your hourly rate for packing and bill the OP for that on top of the postage, the box/envelope etc.

There will be some very interesting invoices flying round.

Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

You could just weigh it.....Smiley Very Happy

I hadn't realized but I haven't been getting receipts from a lot of shops either, just the eftpos one when they ask if I want it. The post office gives me one about 12 inches long when I purchase one thing.

Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

But what if I use more than 12 inches 30cm of tape? My ruler doesn't go further than that, and it doesn't even bend, so corners are going to be an issue.

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

But what if I use more than 12 inches 30cm of tape? My ruler doesn't go further than that, and it doesn't even bend, so corners are going to be an issue.

Invest in a $1 tape measure from China....you might even find one for less than that and with Free postage.Smiley Tongue

I have a really nifty retractable one that is 1.5m.....that should be quite long enough for your items and bends very easily.Smiley Very Happy

And just think....if you add 1 cent to each of 100 parcels  you will cover the cost of your tape measure....another item for your invoice.

Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

your bringing up old memories!

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

I would think someone who had been 'in business" would know what a stupid idea this is. 

now wheres my special list

Message 40 of 41
Latest reply