“You already applied this code to an order”

rullo_2
Community Member
I am trying to take advantage of the ebays current discount offer, and every time I enter the code, the message comes up saying you already applied this code to an order. Although this is not the case, I have never replied this code before. Is there anything I’m able to do to rectify this issue?
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I think that ebay have made all these codes in error,I have received discounts of up 35% then I had them taken away and now they have reappeared.

I've also had many other issues regarding purchasing on ebay and it's just pathetic.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

zubkov
Community Member
have the same issue..
contacted support ==
"We apologise about the incovenience this has cause you. This is already a known issue that the code PEARTREE is not working and has been already escalated to our Technical Team for further investigation."
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

The old escalated to our Technical Team for further investigation

It seems to be on the standard script eBay CS are given to get callers off the phone

Once in a while it proves to be true

Ahem

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Yeah I can't ue the PEARTREE code either!

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Also unable to use it.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I think that ebay have made all these codes in error,I have received discounts of up 35% then I had them taken away and now they have reappeared.

I've also had many other issues regarding purchasing on ebay and it's just pathetic.

This can't be accurate.

If a discount is offered, it must be fulfilled.

This is Australian website with the .au extension and, as such,  it must comply with Australian laws.......mustn't it?

If a discount is offered, then can't just reneg... It's the store, it is on their ad, where's eBay's involvement?

I got the same message, and I'm filthy!

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Oh for goodness sake calm down.

The codes were offered and then withdrawn when they were found not to be working properly.

It would appear that they are still not working properly.

Just be patient....when ebay gets them working they will be offered again and you will get your discounts.  They have not just been withdrawn.

For the record.....I have successfully used 2 different discount codes on 2 accounts in the last week.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Oh for goodness sake calm down.

The codes were offered and then withdrawn when they were found not to be working properly.

It would appear that they are still not working properly.

Just be patient....when ebay gets them working they will be offered again and you will get your discounts.  They have not just been withdrawn.

For the record.....I have successfully used 2 different discount codes on 2 accounts in the last week.

Yea, right. I am new to eBay, but I'm not a gullible clown.

I want to buy something on here which has a big blaring sign that says "Free **bleep**," and when I go to pay, I get another sign, "Sorry, Sucker," YOU have applied this code before (which is utter rubbish) and therefore YOU have to suck it!

Why should I be the fatuous schmuck who, for goodness sake, needs to calm down?

It's false advertising which, in this country, is against the law.

For the record, I now want to buy something that is advertised for sale now. Why should I wait around for some code or person to work itself/themselves out??

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Wow.....welcome to the boards.

There's absolutely no need to be offensive in your posts.

As Lyndal stated, the codes aren't working, so ebay have removed them

temporarily to fix the problem.

And it has nothing to do with the seller.

It's an ebay code.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply