Zero communication, marked as posted but took weeks to post, reasonable to Neg?

I won an auction and bought a group of items through shopping cart and had them sent to my forwarding address.

The other sellers shipped the same day.

The auction did not. I wrote to him 4 days after I won, and then again the day after. No response.

It was not until 9 days he marked as "shipped". It was not until 3 days ago (!) that the forwarding company recieved the item. They usually take 2ish days to process incomming mail.

Due to his behaviour I incurred fees with the forwarding company. 

It may well be that the combination of how I paid (a Groupon eBay voucher) and where it was going (fowarding address) that rang alarm bells but he made no attempt to contact me. I have over 1000 feedback too in an account over 10 years old.

I am quite angry as you can tell and I have ordered the item is disposed of as it would cost me further fees to ship it back to him. I think between his lies and poor communication that a truthfully and carefully worded neg is the only warranted response. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Zero communication, marked as posted but took weeks to post, reasonable to Neg?

why are you getting the extra fee?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: Zero communication, marked as posted but took weeks to post, reasonable to Neg?

What was the seller's number of handling days ?

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@Kopenhagen5 - 3 business days handling. Won in a Monday, I messaged him Thursday.

@bsal6160 - The fees were from the forwarding facility as it charges for holding items after 7 days holding them.

And, by the way, the Auction seller and the fowarding company are in the same state. (not a small state either, so the mail is unlikely to be re-routed through a bigger state)

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yeah, looks like a lax attitude. Or an illness in the family could have occured. (A meesage wouldn't have gone astray)

But we need to remember that we deal with private individuals on eBay not necessarily professionals.

Personally once the transaction is complete I would consider leaving feedback. Not when feeling emotional.

Keeping in mind, if in doubt, don't. Feedback is voluntary and none needs to be left.

That could be the way to go on this one.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@Kopenhagen5 - I have dealt with US sellers before who have really bad attitudes: for example, ignored the messages I'd sent them, then initiated action against me because I'd sent them questions. Or plain ignored the questions I'd sent them. I had a terrible time buying my current laptop as the seller just refused to answer questions regarding it's warranty. My sense is this guy is in that basket.

I just think the behaviour in this one is so bad that others need to know who they're dealing with. As you can tell, I've come to the community to discuss the situation as I don't leave negs lightly.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Great idea to bounce it off others and you know best based on what transpired.

To warn other sellers is also a good idea.

It's late now so you will probably get some more suggestions from others tomorrow.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply