action needed emails, is this new?

i have 2 items im waiting to pay for as i might be bidding on some other items from the same seller so want to pay together. But i have received 2 emails from ebay in 2 days reminding me to pay. Title is 'action needed send $xx to complete your purchase ofr item'

& remnding me to pay. I'm assuming this is a new automated 'feature' from ebay to help give buyers a kick up the backside to pay because sellers have complained about too many non payers?

i can understand sellers frustrations but for good buyers like myself who always pay on time this is a pain in the ass, can the sellers choose to turn it off or its directly from ebay? If so will they send me one identical email per day until items are paid for?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I offer 2 weeks to pay for multiple purchases, and don't 'hound' the buyer....you are talking about an automatic email from ebay which I tell my buyers to ignore.
Have you contacted your seller letting them know of your intentions?

No, sellers cannot 'turn it off'

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I offer 2 weeks to pay for multiple purchases, and don't 'hound' the buyer....you are talking about an automatic email from ebay which I tell my buyers to ignore.
Have you contacted your seller letting them know of your intentions?

No, sellers cannot 'turn it off'
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

thanks for reply, well i guess its a new thing then because i never received one before, tis bloody annoying. No i haven't let them know my intentionas as its a seller i've bought from many times before & they know i often buy multiple items from them to combine postage.

Also its only been 2 days since the auctions ended, i could understand if they sent the reminder email after say 5 days or for BIN items. I think sellers should be able to cutomize these emails as they know it would probably annoy their regular buyers.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I,m not sure if this particular message is new as I dont buy much on ebay and usually pay straight away when I do. Payment reminder messages have always been sent to buyers after a coupe of days. It might just be a re-wording of the old message.

On a similar note, buyers may be interested to know that sellers now get a red warning message if items are not mailed within the stated handling time. This is a pain in the butt for sellers. There are times when I am away and dont mail for a few days. When this happens I choose to mail late items with express post at no extra cost to buyers. We are all grown ups here. Surely we can manage our business's without all of these little warning messages.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The message is just a slightly offensive rewording of the message that ebay has always sent out after 2 days.

I used to buy a lot from a seller who let me combine items for several weeks and I just learned to ignore them.   It is several months since I have bought from that seller and now that I have started again I am getting the new form of message which I find even more offensively worded than the old one.

As far as I am aware you will only get the one reminder after 2 days.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

yes i was aware they send the automated reminder msgs, they used to say 'please pay for your ebay item...' so i guess these are the same just reworded. No wonder i was confused though, it says in the title 'action needed, pay AU $10 to complete your purchase for...' however i won 4 items at $5 each, so it doesn't really make any sense especially since all 4 msgs say the amount of $10. It seems i was mistaken about the msgs coming twice though as i forgot it was 4 items i won, not 2 & i didn't read each one individually as they have the same title

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

They have always been automatic after 2 days. You'll get one for  each item. If the seller has the unpaid assistant turned on, an unpaid dispute will automatically open after 4 days, You then have another 4 days to pay before the dispute closes and you lose the item.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sellers can turn the reminder email off although I'm not sure that anyone would want to.

http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageBuyerCommunication

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I like to pay ASAP but when I am bidding on items from the same seller across several days I ALWAYS let them know after the first win that I plan to bid on further items.  If makes sense especially if the seller combines postage.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply