another collectibles seller has left the platform

I have just found out that an excellent trader in militaria has left ebay. After numerous takedowns of listings through the automated systems no human responses or rectification from ebay they have decided to leave the platform.  I know the feeling I have had numerous listings and my account paused last time was for a 40 year old army poly pants removed  I had owned these for 20 years.

This will be no loss for JB as they are strong in the Auction markets themselves where they hold auctions live in Perth with global bidders.

Their store in Morley is a great set up as well,  bricks and mortar stores are making a big comeback.

The unfortunate thing for buyers of militaria is that they will not have access to the sales of their excellent items both in quantity and quality on the platform. The variety of items that this seller listed was excellent.

In conversations at recent swapmeets with other collectors I was shocked to find I was well in the minority when it came to ebay selling and buying.

Some collectors are reluctant to buy and sell on line due to postal issues, timelines of post and fees, listing has its issues of cost, also postage and concerns over automated system removal and suspensions. This many have had and the items concerned could be sold in good sammies.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with this seller but have purchased in the past both on ebay and at military swapmeets and in store. The problem for the platform is when sellers in a particular category leave people tend not return and buy from other categories , it flows on.

Sad to see another strong seller quality collectibles leave the platform.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: another collectibles seller has left the platform

did not realise that , never got a replica item but empathy for those who are stung for sure. thanks for that info

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@bigdazzler66 wrote:

I have just found out that an excellent trader in militaria has left ebay.

Are you sure they left willingly ?  Their last sales were yesterday and they are already NARU.

Normally a seller can't close their account for, I believe, 60 days after the last sale so that buyers are covered for any problems with the sale.

There was word around town that they were passing off replicas as the genuine article, in fact they were banned from attending the Legacy auctions in Perth.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

...always two sides to a story...

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Padi, padi, padi...

Inserting facts into a rant?

Shame on you.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

did not realise that , never got a replica item but empathy for those who are stung for sure. thanks for that info

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Shame on you.

Do I feel remorseful ?  I'll leave that up to you to answer, but I did just get confirmation from another militaria seller that I know well in Perth that the "respected" ex seller had their last auction in Perth shut down by the police when they arrived..............

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Seems you have gone off big in support of somebody you are 'not affiliated with', and obviously know nothing or very little about.

I hope you get a discount on your next purchase of fake militaria.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Hi BD,  how certain are you that you have not been conned.

After all, your support for the  ex seller, appears well and truly mis-placed

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

How do you know who this NARU seller is? The OP didn't really give any hints as to who they were? Just curious, nothing more. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I'm a collector of militaria and just the initials and location were enough for me to know who it was.

They are well-known in Perth for all the wrong reasons...............

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply