article had the wrong street number in the address

i bought several bluetooth tags due to be delivered before end of April, but though ebay has my correct address the seller printed the wrong street number.

There is no questionnaire to cover that event.

I cannot change my address from the correct one on Ebay;

it is now almost one month after first ETA/

There is no complaint field for seller's error.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How do you know the seller printed the wrong address ? 

Did you once live at that address and had it in either Paypal or eBay ?

You have 30 days after the final ETA to open a case with eBay's MBG.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Like Padi, I am wondering how you know it is the wrong street number if you haven't received your items yet. Have you talked to the seller? I do know that sometimes when an item does not arrive sellers ask to confirm the address, so maybe the seller asked you if that was the correct address and you noticed an error.

Have you checked if PayPal has the correct address?

If your address is correct both on eBay and in PayPal, you will be able to open a case. Make sure you don't miss the deadline to open a case. Sometimes posties or parcel contractors know their customers, so you might still get your items, maybe a bit later, but don't wait too long. A couple of times over the years I got items that had the wrong street number on the envelope/label or missed the unit number, but I got them anyway.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Just wondering if the address you have supplied, is in valid format so as to be accepted automatically by AP  label systems.   If it does not match With AP, then the seller has to disable auto assist, which can lead to errors.

AP label systems have come a long way from the early days,  But if the buyers address  is not accepted automatically, the seller has to alter the address manually,    Common errors   are postcode and suburb dont match,  Capital City listed as suburb.   State entered  manually rather than from a drop down menu, or state left blank,  then of course there are all the abbreviations etc commonly used in addresses.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply