awaiting feedback, just how long should a buyer have to wait for a sellers feedback

hsv068
Community Member

Just curious as to how long to wait for a sellers feedback, item (removed), was purchased from (sellers name removed), on 06/01/2014, have recieved the item and sent positive feedback, also a message, no reponse, what to do ?

pride myself running my ebay account, always do things promptly, maybe he wanted more for the item, however, I was the highest bidder, cheers HSV068.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: awaiting feedback, just how long should a buyer have to wait for a sellers feedback

@kimberleeya wrote:

I though that's what ebay was about.

For many people, myself included, eBay is not about feedback, it's about buying and selling items.

Please don't misunderstand me, though. The question in the OP was how long to wait for feedback, and just in my personal opinion, there's no point waiting for feedback because the other member (be they buyer or seller) is not obliged to leave any. No matter how much someone likes feedback or finds it useful, it doesn't change that one simple fact - feedback is voluntary and no one has to leave it, so I would always advise against expressly waiting for it but instead respecting the other person's right to choose. 

I wasn't around when ebay was more community-focussed (I joined in 2008), but I do understand how feedback can provide a general overview to some things. As I said, I also understand the reasons why feedback is appreciated, but I think it's counter-productive to view it as an intergral part of a transaction, and to be honest, I think the system itself is outdated. Individual, subjective comments and ratings aren't comparable to factual stats, and that's what I'd prefer to see for all members.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Re: awaiting feedback, just how long should a buyer have to wait for a sellers feedback

cd*boy
Community Member

I'm a seller. I don't leave feedback until buyer leaves it for me. As soon as it's left, I return it.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Buyer has left feedback. He is waiting, in vain doubtless, for the seller to reciprocate.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Not getting sleepless nights Guys, been on ebay since 2007, just thought it was part of the deal, most sellers leave feedback as soon as payment is cleared, and yes you can be a seller as well as a buyer, if I started selling with 34, 100% dont think I would get too many sales, as for being reported for leaving the guys tag, what **bleep**, cheers, hsv068.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

That's where, sometime in the last 7 years you need to have read the rules you agreed to adhere to when you joined.

You would then have known about naming and shaming. And about feedback being voluntary.

I started selling with less than 10 feedback. 100% naturally. Which I maintain to this day, with pushing 1k feedback (1500 if all buyers left it).

As stated previously, I believe, buyer feedback, as it can only be positive, is irrelevant. If you want to start selling then, yes, it will dilute negatives, but only if buyers don't bother to select the 'feedback as a seller' option.

Thyere are plenty of sellers, on these boards even, who started with 0 and have built from that. One of my other IDs has even struggled to 17.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I consider it very poor customer relations not to provide feedback to buyers who pay promptly and provide positive feedback. It may be trivial to some, but I expect the same courtesy as the sellers who rely on this information for their rating. It is now my personal policy not to buy from those who do not value their customer base and let my $'s do the talking.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

@pollymag09 wrote:

I consider it very poor customer relations not to provide feedback to buyers who pay promptly and provide positive feedback. It may be trivial to some, but I expect the same courtesy as the sellers who rely on this information for their rating. It is now my personal policy not to buy from those who do not value their customer base and let my $'s do the talking.

so you make your decision of which seller to buy from based on whether they leave feedback for buyers and how promptly they do so?

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

so you make your decision of which seller to buy from based on whether they leave feedback for buyers and how promptly they do so?

Perhaps there should be another star rating employed......."how quickly did seller leave feedback"

true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

How quickly did the seller leave feedback?

1star - seller would not leave me feedback after I left them a negative without communicating with them, how unreasonable of them.

2star - left me no feedback at all, not trustworthy at all, should be banned from eBay for eternity (and even longer if possible)

3star - bad seller, left me automatic feedback only once I had left feedback, should be charged by the police for extortion

4star - product is excellent, but the seller spoilt my enjoyment and happiness by waiting until day 59 to leave me feedback.

5star - product was absolute sh!t, but the seller left feedback for me once I completed my part of the transaction by paying, the best!

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I hope you put that in the ebay Suggestion Box.

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply