carrier marked parcel as delivered when it has not been

On 28th August I purchased two items from the same international seller.  They were sent at the same time under the exact same tracking numbers.  Yesterday, the 6th of September, I received ONE of the purchases from this international seller.  However, BOTH were marked as delivered by FEDEX.  (not the first time this has happened)  I attempted contact with  FEDEX.  Talking to them is impossible, you only get their virtual assistant.  Seriously frustrating. I contacted the seller.  He said the other one is still on the way. He shared a reference number with me from FEDEX.  Don't have a clue what to do with the reference number.  I contacted ebay for help.  WAS CALLED A LIAR BY THE PERSON IN CHAT.  She was also very  condescending . EBAY opened a case. This morning, I received an email from them saying my still missing item, and CERTAINLY NOT DELIVERED PARCEL,  HAD BEEN DELIVERED!!!! WELL IT HAS NOT BEEN!!!!!  I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THIS DISGUSTING PRACTICE OF MARKING PARCELS AS DELIVERED WHEN THEY HAVE NOT BEEN!!!!!! HAVE TOTALLY HAD ENOUGH.

THIS practice of sending items under the same tracking number makes it very easy for items to go missing. BECAUSE WHEN ONE OF THE ITEMS ARE DELIVERED, THE REST ARE MARKED AS DELIVERED AS WELL, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE NOT BEEN. THIS IS DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR.  LACKS INTEGRITY. FOUL BUSINESS PRACTICE.  

This practice of sending multiple items under one tracking number also makes it easy for items to not be sent, but marked as sent!!!!!!

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY PARCEL THAT HAS BEEN MARKED AS DELIVERED.  

TO DATE EXPECTING THREE INTERNATIONAL PARCELS THROUGH DAMN FEDEX, INCLUDING THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN MARKED AS DELIVERED AND IT CERTAINLY HAS NOT BEEN.  IF THERE WAS A CHOICE I WOULD NOT USE FEDEX.  

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Slow up a bit and stop yelling! Reading through your hard to read message, this is the seller's fault. Not eBay or Fedex. If the seller has issued the same tracking number for both items, then of course when one scans as being delivered, they are both going to say delivered. It was probably a good plan by your seller not to send one of the items. Was it something expensive whereby they stand to gain by not sending it?

I think at this point you need to RING eBay (not email) and explain what has happened.....calmly and politely. Tell them that both parcels were given the same tracking number, possibly to trick you. Therefore, you need to dispute opened for the parcel that hasn't arrived.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

The seller isn't necessarily being dodgy here, and if Fedex was used, the items could well have been shipped through the GSP.

It's worth pointing out that all carriers, even Australia Post, provide the ability to send multiple packages under the same consignment.

OP, did the package you receive have package x of two written on the label somewhere?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Of course that is what has happened.  A seller without integrity. Yes, the item was expensive. They stand to gain.  

A case has been opened, but put on hold until September 20, reason stated: more documentation required. 

Wasn't yelling, didn't realize capitals meant that. Just frustrated, and irritated.  

Was told to escalate the dispute in four days. Can't do that, because the dispute is on hold until the above mentioned date.

Thanks for reply, I appreciate that. 

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, was shipped through the global shipping program. No, nothing on the box was marked as one of two. Yes, they shipped through fedex.  

Multiple packages under the one consignment, don't have an issue.  However, if one package is delivered, and it marks all others as delivered too, when they have not been, that is a serious glitch in the system that needs to be repaired.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

I have attached a photo of the small piece of paper that was inside the box of  the item I did receive. It has nothing on it regarding the second purchase.  There was no other documentation.  

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Attached a photo of the picture on the outside of the box.  Again, nothing of the second purchase. 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

You may be better off with a different kind of dispute - not item not received, but item not as described, package missing contents.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Just to add, I'd try contacting Fedex still, maybe by email or even Facebook if they have a page, just to try and get some info on the reference number the seller gave.

If it is still on the way, and you receive a refund via a dispute, you can always resend payment.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@family_gj_aj_dd wrote:

I have attached a photo of the small piece of paper that was inside the box of  the item I did receive. It has nothing on it regarding the second purchase.  There was no other documentation.  

The shipping address on the piece of paper may be worth following up ?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply