do you have anyone in your organization who is not mute. don't you have anyone who can answer a qu

kay299
Community Member

no one will take a phone call / can't get an answer..  I've had issues with a couple of sellers for more than a year and can't get any resolve..  if you get to speak to some one at first opportunity they divert you to some lawyer scammers.. what a great system, in the end you get absolutely no where, except back where you started.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

do you have anyone in your organization who is not mute. don't you have anyone who can answer a qu

You're doing it wrong. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case.

If you want to talk to eBay, you have to go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us", go though all the options, and a live chat window will appear.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If has been more than a year, then it is FAR too late for either eBay or Paypal

Did you open the appropriate disputes at the time, and follow though with them within the time limits given?

I'm afraid I have never heard of cs staff divert people to 'lawyer scammers' before

As this is a member to member forum it is not 'our organisation' 

Yes, it is a great system for buyers, who  are given the tools to deal with problem sellers, but the time limits apply to everyone, not draw it out for over a year and still expect eBay are going to help

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I repeat - they've done it wrong.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

17 years as a member.     Really?

Some reading wouldn't hurt.....please click on the link and read and retain the info.

How buying works | eBay

As Dom said - you're doing it wrong.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kay299 wrote:

no one will take a phone call / can't get an answer..  I've had issues with a couple of sellers for more than a year and can't get any resolve..  if you get to speak to some one at first opportunity they divert you to some lawyer scammers.. what a great system, in the end you get absolutely no where, except back where you started.

Too late if you've left it for a year.

If it ever happens again, skip the idea of making a phone call, just go straight into an ebay dispute. You can do that without ringing an ebay rep or telling the seller.

If you don't get a refund via ebay then try paypal but even that, at 180 days, will have expired for your current worries.

Basically, I think you've lost your money & ebay will continue to fob you off because their concern is only with item disputes within 30 days of a buyer receiving the item.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply