eBay Automatically linked my paypal account.

The other day I noticed for the first time when I made an eBay purchase my PayPal account was linked to my eBay account so I no longer have to login to my PayPal account to complete the eBay purchase. Which I never setup/linked.

Normally I used to have to login to PayPal to complete the eBay purchase. So I went into my eBay PayPal settings and unlinked PayPal form my account.

Today I made another purchase and noticed that my PayPal account was still linked. As I could still make PayPal payment directly through eBay without having to log in to PayPal to complete the transaction.

For added security I would prefer to go back to the old method of having to log into PayPal to make a purchase on eBay. Is it still possible? If so how?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I know you can, but don't know how.   Why not ask paypal, they are very helpful.

Have a look at your Profile settings in paypal, there might be something there.

Mine says "choose a method of payment"

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Don't think it's possible.    It's been happening for about a month now

Read here -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/new-payment-system/m-p/1979972#U1979972

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You can make that decision yourself. You are clicking on the wrong thing when you go to pay. Go back in and unlink it so that when you go in to pay next time to pay do not click the one that says make it easier to pay for your items straight away or something to that affect. I think it is automatically already ticked but you can untick it as I like to mainly use buy now pay later but sometimes like to pay it with whats in my Paypal account or to pay straight away with my credit card and I like to put in my password each time

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I just had a look at my PayPal settings and I'm not sure if I fixed the auto login thing or not. I don't have anything unpaid at the moment so can't check.

Login to PayPal and click the settings wheel, then the security tab. Scroll down to "stay logged in for faster purchases" and click on update. Mine was showing my ip address and there was a button next to it (something about removing or turning off, I can't remember!). Clicking that button turned it off and now when I go in there it says "one touch is turned off for all devices".

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for that Tippy, I have been using it in auto for a while now here in the UK as I rarely buy anything on ebay and am perfectly happy for it to go through 'on the nod' so to speak as the only funding source is a card however with my Aus Paypal account I want to be able to choose the funding option especially for an expensive (over five bucks lol) transaction, if I have funds I transfer them first then use my credit card to fund the payment. Good to know there is a quick fix. Now don't be surprised if I come back in November for a reminderSmiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I just had a look at my PayPal settings and I'm not sure if I fixed the auto login thing or not. I don't have anything unpaid at the moment so can't check.

Login to PayPal and click the settings wheel, then the security tab. Scroll down to "stay logged in for faster purchases" and click on update. Mine was showing my ip address and there was a button next to it (something about removing or turning off, I can't remember!). Clicking that button turned it off and now when I go in there it says "one touch is turned off for all devices".

Update on this. I just paid for 2 separate purchases from different sellers and had to login to PayPal both times. It was also the old checkout page, not the new improved mobile version. It looks like changing that setting fixed the issue of staying logged in after payment.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I just went into Paypal 'Profile' and clicked on 'account settings' and removed eBay. This way Paypal will not remember the email or computer and you have to sign in like we used to.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

To remove eBay go to checkout settings at the top of the page and remove eBay.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

As a seller doesn't your Paypal account have to be linked to you eBay account for your fees to be paid to them?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply