eBay Glocal Shipping Program - Unable to Deliver - What to do?

Hi all,

I bought an item from a seller in UK who's using GSP shipping to Australia. 

Received this message on 16 Dec 2022 11:47am: Unable to Deliver - Parcel scan removed from container
Received an email on 17 Dec 6:27am: Your recent transaction through the Global Shipping Program has cleared customs and is now out for delivery with the carrier.
Latest update on track package from eBay says "There was an issue with the delivery."
I'm confused... Is the item lost/damaged? Has it arrived Aus? Should I be lodging a refund with eBay straight away or after the estimated delivery date?
Bought another similar item using GSP also shipping from UK, be interested to see if that item is also 'unable to deliver'.
Did some google research and I've found some horrible GSP experiences...
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay Glocal Shipping Program - Unable to Deliver - What to do?

The short answer is I don't know what is happening with your parcel either, the messages are very confusing.

I'd be inclined though to wait till after the estimated delivery date & see what happens. If it doesn't arrive by then though, I would open an ebay claim immediately.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Is the tracking number only the GSP one or do you also have an APG (Australia Post Global) tracking number?  By what you have written it sounds like the item is possibly now with Aust Post for delivery?

If this is the case definitely lodge an enquiry with Aust Post first.  (https://helpandsupport.auspost.com.au/s/missing-or-lost-item)  I'd also try the tracking number(s) under various parcel tracking platforms (APG, AP, 17Track etc) to see if there is more info to be found.

BTW I received a parcel that was sent through the GSP and it was delivered.....but presumably someone at Aust Post forgot to sign it off as delivered so it is still 'pending' on Aust Post (MyPost) and the GSP!  Forgetfulness - or glitches - can happen.

If you get no joy from Aust Post then approach the GSP or eBay....but they usually don't look into it until the estimated delivery date has passed.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I had "there is an issue with the delivery" in some international eBay trackings too - it basically only meant that they thought the items might be delayed, and as far as I can remember they all arrived on time.

I would do what zanadoo recommended - try other tracking sites.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips. 

Checked tracking with GTP, the item is now at customs, hopefully it will deliver on time. eBay has not updated the status, still showing ‘unable to deliver’. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply