eBay Plus no promised discount

We wanted to buy a couple of recliner chairs. There was a line saying "$30 off if you sign up to eBay Plus". So we did but when paying there was no discount. Seller knows nothing, suggests we contact eBay. How do we do that please? thanks, Pete

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The discount voucher that is promised when you join ebay Plus is not instantaneous.

After you have been accepted into the scheme you will get an email giving you the code for the discount voucher.....up to a couple of weeks I believe.

Actually a $30 discount is a very poor incentive to join ebay Plus.  I have seen $50 incentives which essentially pays your membership for the year.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Only way to contact Ebay is via Help top & bottom of page and scroll down to Live Chat. 

Not sure as I dont use Ebay Plud but remember seeing somewhere that it doesn't kick in immediately.  Ask at Live Chat

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Check T & C's

$50 eBay Plus voucher | eBay.com.au

I'm sure the T & C's will be the same for all vouchers

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The discount voucher that is promised when you join ebay Plus is not instantaneous.

After you have been accepted into the scheme you will get an email giving you the code for the discount voucher.....up to a couple of weeks I believe.

Actually a $30 discount is a very poor incentive to join ebay Plus.  I have seen $50 incentives which essentially pays your membership for the year.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

When I joined ebay plus I thought great now I can get discounts but I soon realized that the items I was interested in purchasing were all in a higher price category meaning I couldn't use ebay plus on lower value items as it wasn't an option.

So I cancelled it before the automatic re register kicked in.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I have never joined ebay Plus.....even before it started I could not see it being of any use to me.

I suspect a lot of members feel the same way as they are still offering sweeteners for joining after all this time.

A couple of boardies jumped in at the very beginning of the promotions and did quite well but it is not the general run of things.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hi All,

I anticipated some discount to be applied to a purchase, as advised by eBay. That did not materialise.

Why does eBay engage in such BS?

Disappointing performance.

Colin

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

me4758
Community Member

just bought something after joining ebay plus  no discount , whats going on?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Have you read the replies already given to the person who posted asking in 2021?

Do any of those replies tell you what is going on in your case?

Did you read the t&c of eBay Plus first ?

Other members can't guess what might be 'going on' in your individual situation based on the little you have written 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply