eBay hasnt refunded me after 3 years

Im still waiting for a refund from eBay since 2017. I cant find a phone number or email address to get in touch with them. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not after 3 years

Any reason you have waited until now to question it/follow it up?

Things surely must have happened in between times?

I assume at the time you followed the proper procdure for a refund?

Was it actuall eBay or a seller who said you were getting a refund?

Even if it was'nt FAR FAR too long ago, emailing is pointless as it is bot generated (if any) replies

No phone service due to Coronavirus

But even if there was any

Three years ago?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I very much doubt that you will get a refund after this amount of time.

The usual window is 30 days, so you're significantly past that. Assuming the refund was due from a seller. eBay rarely need to refund members, except for fees if a transaction is cancelled.  Is there any particular reason why you have waited this long before suddenly deciding to (vainly) pursue the matter?

If you email eBay, you get an automated response - not recommended.

If you ring eBay you will get a human - except for now. Their call centre is closed due to COVID-19.

You could try Live Chat, available through 'Help' at the top of EVERY page, but it will almost definitely be a waste of time, given the time you have allowed to elapse since you claim you were due a refund.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

What is the amount in question?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

THREE YEARS???????????????Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

In all honesty, I totally forgot about it and only just found the paper I was writing down my scribble on lol

eBay agreed to refund me postage fees for items sent back to sellers. 

The total amount I was supposed to receive back was $92.28 AUD.
On the 9th August 2017 I was refunded $28.32 from eBay.

The still leaves me with $63.96 owing to me.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Time to let it go. Nothing anyone can do now.

Latest reply

@raha_ang,

If you're ever promised a refund in future, I'd suggest putting an event into your calendar called

Check refund actioned

... for 9 a.m. on the 7th business day since the refund was promised.

On that day, if your refund hasn't been finalised and received, call eBay (assuming that one day the COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted and eBay's Have Us Call You option will be back in business), explain politely that you've not received the full refund, and equally politely don't get off the phone until it's been done. If eBay can't or won't action the refund at that time, explain that you were hoping not to get the AFCA involved, etc., etc.,

But you cannot pull a Sleeping Beauty and expect that the world hasn't moved on! Sleeping Beauty, sleeping away in a four-tester bed Three years is too long - although I'm sorry that you didn't receive the full refund to which you were entitled.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply