eBay is RISKY!!! "compromised account"

Yesterday I purchased a small item on eBay and four hours later got an email from eBay:

"....We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:..."

I have paid for the item. I had no idea that buying on eBay involved such risks. I now have to get my money back from Paypal, if that is possible.  The only good thing is that maybe I can try to recover the funds.

I can find no info on the eBay site about this type of issue or how to prevent purchasing what looks to be a genuine article.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay will refund you - no need to open a PayPal claim or to stress about it.

Jump onto the eBay chat support via the help menu, and they can probably organise it on the spot.

eBay isn't risky if you do your homework and avoid "too-good-to-be-true" deals.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why all the angst....your account was not compromised, the seller's was?

This is not a rare occurence and ebay was onto it very quickly.

If your funds are not returned to you within 24 hours just go to the paypal resolution centre and open a dispute....there is no "maybe" or "try to recover your funds" about it.  If you inlude the information that ebay removed the listing you should get your refund very promptly.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Exactly. Not one thought for the poor seller who was done over. They were/are the one at risk 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply