eBay plus banner delaying page loading

how can I get rid of the Ebay plus banner advertising on My eBay, there is a 5 second delay to the page loading which is disconcerting indeed, I tried to eliminate it with my Adblock but that is only temporary, eBay have many annoying habits, but this one is really getting to me

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using Chrome so will check out other adblock programs

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

No banners on any of my pages. I use AdBlock Plus on this browser (Opera) and AdBlocker Genesis Plus on Chrome. I never see any ads or banners of any description in either browser.

Which ad block extension are you using?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry can't help, as I have no banner to get rid of.

5 secs ..... obviously you were not around in the early days of internet dial-up

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I use Pi-hole - blocks just about everything.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Sorry can't help, as I have no banner to get rid of.

5 secs ..... obviously you were not around in the early days of internet dial-up

Oh yes, I remember those days. If you were going to view a page with photos, you'd start loading the page and then go have a shower, or go shopping or something. By the time you got back, they might be nearly loaded. 

I was one of the early users of Napster (illegal file sharing program for those too you to know......only at that point, I didn't know it was illegal). The first song I ever downloaded was Dire Straits, Going home. It was a 5mb files (so pretty carp quality). It took over 6 hours to download!

I had a 2.1GB hard drive, with 64 meg of RAM and a 33.6K modem. I was the flavour of the street because most others that owned a PC had less than a GIG HDD, 16MB of RAM and a 28.8K modem.

I always hated when you were 3/4 of the way downloading something, and the darned phone would ring! That was the end of that download LOL! I remember when I finally went broadband (it was 2002). The phone rang and I was still connected! That blew me away.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

We had a Pentium 90 at home when most other kids were using a 486.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

HA!! Mine was a Pentium 110. Suck on that one! The neighbours had a 486. Sucked to be them.

Edited to add: We're showing our age I think!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I'm using Chrome so will check out other adblock programs
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

thanks
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I was online from 1998, know very well what slow means, but I don't pay for slow now, nor should a page put content that slows my browsing or loading

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply