ebay protects the seller and no help for buyers

Bought an item from a china based seller and was sent wrong items. Seller only wanted to refund a partial refund which was no good for me as I had to repurchase correct items elsewhere. After a lot of to and fro with seller as well as ebay , Ebay concluded I wasnt entitled to a refund as it didnt come under the guarantee they say  

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back.

yeh right.. false advertising there......not even a proper reply to my appeal.
After dealing with Ebay  for over 18yrs I will start looking elsewhere especially not from a certain asian country .
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: ebay protects the seller and no help for buyers

Did you open a case for Item Not As Described & follow all the steps to where eBay could step in?

Absolutely no need for for "to and fro"... it is incredibly easy to receive a refund.

What was your appeal about?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

ebay sides with the buyer  99% of the time.   It looks like you ordered  4  x   4.5m  telescopic rods,

what were you sent.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Did they tell you that you had to send back the wrong item at your expense before getting a full refund? Was this the problem? Many years ago (when I used to buy from China) I remember that sometimes I also got wrong or faulty items, and the standard solution for the sellers was always to offer a partial refund and to keep the item (a wrong or faulty item...) because it would be too expensive to send the item back to China for a full refund...

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

You definitely do not need to go back and forth with a seller.

Did you open a case for Not as Described? You needed to have done this within the time frame.

What category was the item listed under - sometimes dodgy sellers put their items in a non-money back category. What was the item number?

Buyers should do their due diligence and ensure that the seller has a very high rating - over 98.5% (especially when dealing with Chinese sellers). What was the sellers feedback like - were there lots of negs?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

was  sent 4 x 3.8mts

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

opened a dispute.. got an answer a few days later saying it was outside the buyer guarantee.. I appealed and asked on what grounds as wrong items were sent.. appeal was looked at and i had my answer within 1min saying original verdict stood.. I doubt anyone bothered to look at the appeal.. so I got stuck with 4 items sent that were wrong and the seller got to keep my money..

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

yes i knew that..was going to cost me more than the items cost me due to china high cost of postal there..

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@sherrystradingshoppe wrote:

opened a dispute.. got an answer a few days later saying it was outside the buyer guarantee.. I appealed and asked on what grounds as wrong items were sent.. appeal was looked at and i had my answer within 1min saying original verdict stood.. I doubt anyone bothered to look at the appeal.. so I got stuck with 4 items sent that were wrong and the seller got to keep my money..

It sounds to me as if you might have won this dispute if you had opened it within the time frame.

Unfortunately, I think you were probably too kind to the seller. Ebay encourages buyers to contact the seller to sort things out and sellers here will say the same thing but the brutal truth is that if the situation isn't resolved very quickly, you need to spring into action and just open an official claim, no messing about with to and fro discussions for too long.

You'd be 100% right that no human looked at your appeal, not if you had the result in under a minute. I think you'd have to ring bay or talk to them online in chat or something like that before you'd get a real person to look at it. Even then, if the claim isn't within the time frame, you might not get anywhere.

But paypal has 180 days, if you paid that way, you could try them. They may refund you without the need for you to post back, I don't know. It is definitely worth a try though, nothing to lose.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply