ebay pulled sellers item now no longer a registered member

Hi just received an email from ebay stating 

We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
353089298017 - Apple iPhone XS Max (Unlocked) With Warranty (available In All Colours)

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre.

Is it better to make a claim now and get my money back or do I hold out and hope they do the right thing - I can't get hold of the seller now does anyone thing this is a scam.

Cheers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay obviously think it's a scam or they wouldn't have NARUd the seller. Unless the seller didn't pay their account.

Generally, buying electronics, especially phones, online is not a good idea, unless from a registered Australian authorised reseller of the item.

If you got it cheap, or it's coming from overseas, then, yes, get your money back. Even if you receive the phone it won't be a real one.

Cheap, in the case of Apple, is less than retail. Apple don't discount iPhones.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Did you actually buy such an item?

Was the email also in you eBay messages?

Was the seller registered in China and / or have horrible feedback?

I would say more than likely the seller was 'not the best' (OR it could have been a hijacked account)

The 'with warranty' (which they cannot offer unless they are an authorised seller / re-seller of Apple products)

And the 'available in All Colours)  both ring alram bells to me

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

eBay obviously think it's a scam or they wouldn't have NARUd the seller. Unless the seller didn't pay their account.

Generally, buying electronics, especially phones, online is not a good idea, unless from a registered Australian authorised reseller of the item.

If you got it cheap, or it's coming from overseas, then, yes, get your money back. Even if you receive the phone it won't be a real one.

Cheap, in the case of Apple, is less than retail. Apple don't discount iPhones.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply