How can I turn off the automatic sign in to PayPal when I pay for an item

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sorry to be nosey, but why do you want to turn it off?

You don't have to use the login through the ebay checkout, but why would you want to leave ebay and log in directly to paypal, find the transaction and the seller's email address and generally fiddle round?

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

I didn't explain myself very well. on the iPad when I click on 'buy now' the Ebay app automatically takes me to PayPal WITHOUT requiring that I enter my PayPal password to complete the payment. I want to be prompted EVERY time for my password. Otherwise, I'm vulnerable if my ipad is stolen or lost.
Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

I can understand that....sorry I can not help you.   I only ever use ebay on a computer/laptop and when going through checkout I am automatically asked to log in.

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Same as Lyndal. But MY Paypal app requires a login every time I use it. Which uisn't often, but the facility is there.

Look at your phone's setting for the Paypal app.

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

@onlineshoppergal wrote:
I didn't explain myself very well. on the iPad when I click on 'buy now' the Ebay app automatically takes me to PayPal WITHOUT requiring that I enter my PayPal password to complete the payment. I want to be prompted EVERY time for my password. Otherwise, I'm vulnerable if my ipad is stolen or lost.

I don't know if you can disable the auto-login, but if you have a security PIN function for your phone that activates after a certain period of inactivity, plus log out of eBay after you've finished shopping (so that anyone who gets past the phone PIN would then need to get past the eBay login process in order to take advantage), you'll at least decrease the level of vulnerability a fair amount.

You may wish to check the PayPal forum and see if they can advise whether it can be disabled, though.

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Turn off automatic log in for your device in PayPal
This bothered me too.
Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

This is an old thread but just as relevant as it was last year.

The difference now is that the automatic sign in is now activated on my laptop which I do not like either.

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

This morn my bank auto signed in, so rang the bank & below is what they sent me.  It is for Firefox, but I suppose there's something similar for other browsers.

Deleting Passwords.JPG

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Thanks for that information.

I am not having the problem with my bank login but it is happening with all the logins for store accounts, utilities etc.

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply