How can I turn off the automatic sign in to PayPal when I pay for an item

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Go into the Security TAB in PayPal. Then add a security key. 

This will give you a 2nd authentication process to go through.

Message 11 of 52
Latest reply

I reckon in 2 1/2 YEARS they've found the answer to the problem.

.......................and the security keys can have their own problems anyway.........................if you have one.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 52
Latest reply

its apparently in the my account settings in ebay but i dont think you can get to it on the app. you need the desktop version to disable the paypal link.
Message 13 of 52
Latest reply

I'm guessing in the 3 1/2 years since the OP posted, they've either got it sorted or really don't give a hoot about it any more. They also haven't been here for 3 1/2 years so highly unlikely they'll see your post anyway. 

Message 14 of 52
Latest reply

OK nobody groan, but, I had the auto payment thingie today.

I was right peed off.   It was paid by the wrong account.

It didn't give me any chance to change accounts.

Message 15 of 52
Latest reply

Hey Nosey to stop my children buying $100s of playstation while I'm at work.

Message 16 of 52
Latest reply

The last time Lyndal posted on this thread was nearly 3 years ago, and she wasn't addressing you as you weren't even a member of the boards back then.

Do you have something material and/or useful to add to this thread to justify bumping it?

Message 17 of 52
Latest reply

@chrisz1a4900 wrote:

Hey Nosey to stop my children buying $100s of playstation while I'm at work.

Not that I was replying to you three years ago but you should not even allow your children to access your ebay account, much less your paypal account.

Learn to control them rather than bump an old thread for no other reason than that you can.

Message 18 of 52
Latest reply

Oh but Lyndal, you should know about modern parents, who give their precious angels everything they couldn't have as kids themselves. What little unpronounceable name wants, unpronounceable name gets. If he does or buys something he's not supposed to, all is forgiven with a simple "sorry" and a hug. He only did it because he was expressing himself, and he has rights. After all, we don't want the little darlings saying they hate us. Mostly because we are not their parents, we are their best friends and we allow them to call all the shots in the house.

Message 19 of 52
Latest reply

I didn't read the whole thread and don't know if the original question was answered but it is possible to stop the automatic log in. I bought some thing from facebook and the next time i did it I didn't have to log in which perturbed me. I got into my paypal account and somehow found a list of suppliers that didn't require a log in, fortunately the list only contained ebay accounts section ( I used to be a seller) and facebook so I deleted facebook. I'm sorry but I can't remember how I found this list but it's in your paypal account somewhere.

Message 20 of 52
Latest reply