how can I requeast a refund?

www4m
Community Member

Hi there, could you please let me know that how can i request a refund ?

We purchased 2 x Flood Light 10W Black  but the seller replied that these items are not available.

Here is the replied from the seller:

HI Crystal

We are sorry to inform you that we are all out of this inventory and because of the pandemic the distribution has been held up

We are removing the item from sale and have contact ebay about a refund. If you could additionally request a refund it should assist in expediting the process.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience

Regards

REMOVED

And we’ve tried to contact PayPal to request a refund, they replied as below:

I see that the case was filed from eBay. Please contact eBay as we don't have the information on the case unless you want to file a case on PayPal but you need to close the case from eBay first.

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready. When you reply, one of our available agents or myself will continue to help you.

So, could you please let me know that how can I request a refund?

Thank you

www4m

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The seller can easily refund you. And should have without you asking. Maybe they are trying to avoid an 'out of stock' defect.

If they have chosen not to, simply open an Item Not Received case with eBay. If the seller can't provide proof of delivery, eBay will force them to refund you.

However, you can't open an eBay case until after the last estimated delivery date has passed. When did you purchase? What are the delivery dates showing on the purchase? That will determine if you can open a case.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller suggested you open a case in ebay.....why did you try and do it in paypal?

You are running the risk of the seller not having to refund if you open a request in both ebay and paypal.....both will be closed and cannot be reopened.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply