ebike purchase

I purchased an ebike It is not safe to ride, as it is is so dangerous. And despite many emails back and forth I lost my money. Ps, the handlebar assembly can fall off.

Accordingly I can no longer afford to purchase via ebay. It is also sold by other ebay sellers. 

I am also relating all details on my facebook page to warn as many others as possible  of my loss and  make actual facts (actual emails )available.  This detailing why it is no longer safe to use ebay unless you are prepared to LOOSE YOUR MONEY I will of course request all my contacts to send on to as many persons as they can, hopefully then they will be very very careful not to spend any amount of money they cannot afford to LOOSE.

PS I am an aged aged pensioer who lost over $800, for an unsafe ebike. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Peter

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebike purchase

Not surprised Peter :

Chinese Seller - since November 21.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

did you pay by Paypal? If so, you have 180 days to get your money back

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

Any reason you did not use the tools eBay give you (ie opening a dispute within the time limit)

You have been here 17 years so should be aware of the basics

eBay do  not read here, so are not going to have a clue what you post on Facebook

The seller you bought from is in China, any item of this nature is going to be dangerous 

There is no need to send emails back and forth (to whom?)  pointless and not going to get your money back

In your Facebook posts, please also warn people not to buy electrical items, especially an e-Bike for heavens sake! from China

AND

They need to open a dispute to get their money back

AND that buyers will get their money back if the follow the proper process rather than emails that will never be read

You age has nothing at all to do with it, same rules for everyone

MANY people on the forum are older/elderly

IF you had followed the proper process, you would not have lost your money

surely at $800 you checked who you were buying from before buying

A seller in China with awful feedback

Yes, VERY dangerous and totally avoidable 

Given the number of issues you have had, I would say very good idea to stop using eBay

One less person to help keep these dodgy sellers in business

Your comment about 'Australian law' is moot

The seller is in China

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

When a seller is not helpful, you have to stop communication with them and open a case.

You left feedback in the past month. So when was the estimated delivery of the item? You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case. It is probably too late, but as your feedback is recent you never know.

Otherwise you could try PayPal (if you used it to pay).

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

Here is a bit of help just for you, keep it under your hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lsE1mDxK0

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

At your age you should know how to spell.

It's 'lose'.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

You have been a member for a very long time and yet you have obviously not bothered to ever check seller feedback.  Due diligence is your responsibility.  Dont blame Ebay for your failings.

The "aged pensioner" bit wont get you far here.  As already stated there are many, many older members around here but most of us dont play on that for sympathy.  

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

ebike purchase

@peterr4202 wrote:

I purchased an ebike It is not safe to ride, as it is is so dangerous. And despite many emails back and forth I lost my money. Ps, the handlebar assembly can fall off.

Accordingly I can no longer afford to purchase via ebay. It is also sold by other ebay sellers. 

I am also relating all details on my facebook page to warn as many others as possible  of my loss and  make actual facts (actual emails )available.  This detailing why it is no longer safe to use ebay unless you are prepared to LOOSE YOUR MONEY I will of course request all my contacts to send on to as many persons as they can, hopefully then they will be very very careful not to spend any amount of money they cannot afford to LOOSE.

PS I am an aged aged pensioer who lost over $800, for an unsafe ebike. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Peter

Can I just suggest that if you are on facebook, that you do not include details such as your email address in the screenshots.

Not many people can afford to lose $800. That's a lot of money. I don't know the financial situation of most boardies on here but I don't think many of them would like losing $800 either. The difference though is most would be extremely careful when spending that amount of money.

I don't think you are thorough enough. Your weakness is you know how to buy from ebay & give feedback but you have never bothered to read up about what to do if and when things go wrong. You haven't taken that extra step.

I suspect the same may be true here. You've come on the board to give a 'warning' but I am not sure you will follow up and come back to read replies or clarify anything.

But just in case....

1. When things go wrong-item not as described, item not working properly etc- you can make an ebay claim. You don't need to ask the seller, you can bypass them completely, just go straight through ebay.

In this case, you could say item not as described, faulty handlebar. 

2. You only get 30 days after delivery date to make an ebay claim. If you paid via paypal though and your ebay claim doesn't work out or you are too late to make one, open a paypal claim if you paid that way. You get 180 days. Same deal. You don't need to ask seller. Just do it and follow through with the claim.

You do not close it till you have your money back. Do not accept offers of replacement etc

3. For you, if there are problems, I think it is best to just open an ebay claim, don't negotiate with sellers. It seems you have been scammed in the past with sellers making you pay return postage. If you go through an ebay claim, seller pays return postage.

4. Consider only buying from Australian sellers.

5. For big purchases eg $800, consider buying from a proper store but if you must buy online, check out the seller very carefully. Refer back to #4.

6. If you get into trouble, read up the terms & conditions or ask here. Facebook rants might be therapeutic but they won't get your money back. If you follow procedures correctly, you just might.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply