fire extinguishers

anyone had dealings with REMOVED in qld selling fire extinguishers and not honouring the deal.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

fire extinguishers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is unlikely that any dissatisfied customers will see your thread.

Have you opened a dispute to get your money back?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

Unless you live out in the sticks, why not buy an extinguisher from a shop? The postage would be horrendous.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

Fire Extinguishers are classed as Dangerous goods, and are prohibited from all AP services.  Would also be prohibited in most freight services.  I know years ago, Removalists, etc, would not even carry the old water type.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

Yes, Dangerous Goods. They are a pressurized vessel. They should have a serial number and a manufacture date and inspecion date.

Some years back a supplier of fire protection services got fined because he had too many on his truck in a tunnel.

This would be buy in bulk and find a carrier licenced to carry or buy local.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

I see that the seller was offering Free Standard Post.  Probably cancelled sale when they found out that you cant send by standard post.  I wonder if they gave the OP the opportunity to pay for a courier licenced and willing to carry. 

Had one go off under a truck seat once, scared the heck out of me and what a mess.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Had one go off under a truck seat once, scared the heck out of me and what a mess.

was the mess under the seat . . . . . . OR . . . . . . on the seat?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

fire extinguishers

Forgot to check for skiddies

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply