global shipping program - absolutely awful experience

Ive been waiting on a very expensive item for a while now - I noticed it arrived in kentucky but have heard nothing since from eBay, Pitney Bowes or anyone else. I emailed Pitney Bowes directly to find out the item had been liquidated (without notifying myself or the seller) - this is unbelievable lack of service. Im furious to say the least and people should be aware - ive heard some terrible stories re: gsp but this is crazy!
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Is it the Kronos keyboard?

This is not the first time that a buyer has come to the boards complaining that Pitney Bowes has refused to ship an item that is not a prohibited item.  At least the other buyer was advised that it was not going to be shipped.

My advice would be to complain loud and long to everyone that you can think of.

If Pitney Bowes is going to have a monopoly on shipping ebay goods they at least need to send everything that sellers wish to send UNLESS it is illegal to do so.  They are obviously aware of the import restrictions of most countries as they also guarantee to collect and pay Customs fees if applicable so they must also know what is restricted.

Do you know if they returned the item to the seller?  Would he be prepared to send it to you and bypass Pitney Bowes?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This is the kronos keyboard - and no apparently now the keyboard is 'ebays property' whatever that means and they won;t ship it back to him... I just need to get a refund via paypal or something apparently. It's still not clear as I have got conflicting messages. Seems lke a totally ridiculous situation to me

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I should add - the reason for not shipping was apparently size. There are currently at least 10 kronos keyboards in the US that can apparenlty be sent through the GSP. I imagine if anyone were to try they would end up in the same situation as me,... 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That is an appalling situation. 

While it is possible that it is too heavy for the USPS Priority Mail service that should not stop them sending it by some other service.   The USPS actually sends large and heavy items through couriers such as FedEx, at less cost than FedEx charges if you get a quote direct from them.

As for it not being returned to the seller...that defies belief and I hope the seller follows it up with ebay.  It is straight out theft.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Seller ships using GSP? I am not buying the item from that seller!

Will wait for other seller that does care, even paying more.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply