how to put wanted ad

Hey there I am just wandering is it possible to put in a wanted ad, so people can see that am after a particular car part? if so can you please show me steps on how to do it?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

how to put wanted ad

There has not been a wanted section on ebay now for about a year, your best bet would be to put in a search for the item you want and save it, 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

Unfortunately eBay has disabled the links in the Want ad section some time ago, so this service is no longer available.

The link to want ad and trade policy is below and it indicates that listings describing a desire to buy or trade items are not permitted,

http://http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-want-ads.html

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

You drag up a years old dead thread for this? Really?

There is no wanted section anymore. If there was, it wouldn't be in 'buying'. Search for what you want - if it's not listed there is a fair chance it is not available on eBay.

It is imprudent, and against policy, to post personal details on a public board. 

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

Dave who dragged up this 5 year old thread?

Certainly not the OP

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

Kollector, there was a member who'd never posted on the boards before, who'd clearly come to that thread via the front page, i.e., The eBay Community. That field just under Ask a Question looks so inviting to members new to the boards.

If I type in "wanted ad", up comes a list of topics:

Does this information help?

If the member clicked onto the third topic down, it gives him an answer he clearly didn't like and he must have hoped that the "no wanted ads" information can be circumvented. (That's because *sparklz* gave a reply which was accepted as a solution, and that solution is displayed:

Community Member
*sparklz*

The want it now section was removed some time ago so no longer can you place want it now adds Smiley Sad

So... the member probably thought, "But what happens if I click onto that last link, the one marked "how to put wanted ad"...? He then would have seen the opening post of that thread without a discouraging reply, because there's no accepted solution in that thread. There's an enticing link below it, saying More about this topic...

Clicking onto that brings up the thread.

I can only guess why the member didn't read the entire thread, especially since the very first reply answers the question with a "There has not been a wanted section on ebay now for about a year, your best bet would be to put in a search for the item you want and save it,", and the reply after that includes the link to the policy - or rather it once did; the link is now a dead link. Perhaps the member thought, "Well, things might have changed in the meantime." (I can't find a current policy relating to this at present...)

Davewil replied to the member, who'd obviously not thought twice about posting his full name and phone number on a public forum! I'm just glad that the poor guy's information was taken down relatively quickly to protect his privacy.

It boggles the mind to think about how readily some people post their information online.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

Ah. I just found the current policy relating to posting want ads. It's dealt with briefly under

No item listings policy

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I create a listing saying that I'm seeking a particular item?

No. Want ads are prohibited on our site.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

Yes I know the process very well and as I didn't see who the poster was before their details were removed I then assumed ebay did it and as daves post was towards the OP which the OPs thread was dated back 5 years I thought dave was doing one of his delirious posts haha

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

I will keep my eyes open for Dave's delirious posts. They could be a wonderful antidote to doldrum moments.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

how to put wanted ad

I try not to post when I'm suffering from delirium. It is often accompanied by tremens, which makes it hard to type.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply