how to withdraw a bid

wlmn69
Community Member

how do i withdraw a bid???

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: how to withdraw a bid

There are only a few reasons to be able to retract a bid.

Retractions - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/bid-retract.html

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

use the retraction form:

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I understand that there are sometimes unavoidable reasons, but please don't make a habit of doing so or you could find yourself blocked from bidding on several sellers' items if you do it too frequently.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

There are things to consider before you can retract a bid.

There are only 3 circumstances where in you can retract the bid. That is if you made a Typographical error (entered 9000 instead of 90.00), the description has changed significantly, or the seller cannot be contacted. So retracting the bid not because of these reasons will be considered invalid and violates an eBay policy

You also need to consider the time remaining before the Auction ends.

More than 12 hours before the listing ends:

All previous bids will be removed when retracted.

Note: When correcting an error, enter the correct amount right away.
Exception: If the seller revised the item description after you placed your bid, you can retract it within the last 12 hours.

Less than 12 hours before the listing ends:

โ€ขYou can retract your bid within 1 hour of placing it.
โ€ขOnly the last bid you placed will be retracted; any other bids placed before the last 12 hours will remain valid.
โ€ขIf you are unable to retract your bid, you can contact the seller as well, they may cancel the bid for you.

To retract a bid:

1.Click the "Site Map" link at the top of any eBay page.
2.Under the "Buying Resources" heading, click "Bid Retractions". (You may be asked to sign in.)
3.Enter the Item number.
4.Select the reason for retracting your bid.

Your choices will be:
- Entered wrong amount
- Seller changed the description of the item
- Cannot contact the seller 
 5.Click the "Retract bid" button.

If you reason is not the one provided above then you need to contact the seller and have your bid/s cancelled as they do have an optionto do it in their end.  Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You are right, those are the supposed rules.

But the fact is, as long as it is before the 12 hour deadline, bidders seem to be able to retract bids as often as they like with impunity.

Things must have changed though as from what i can recall in the past from an incident that happened to me when i was bidding, only my rival bidder's last bid was removed, not all their previous bids. And they were able to remove it about 24 hours later, just citing mistake.

Mind you, I think if someone does retract what is a winning bid, then it would be fairer if all their bids were removed from that auction, so if that is how it works on ebay now, I would be pleased to hear it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

robja6472
Community Member
Hello I would like to know if I can retract or cancel a bid because I have bought another purchase but same product from another seller please tell me because I am not good with technology as far as using website options?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Go to the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/bidding/retracting-bid?id=4013&st=7&po=4&uci=0&ri=0

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You can retract your bid

Retracting a bid | eBay

But it was poor form on your part to keep looking once you bid.

Sellers may block you for retracting.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply