i received a refund from ebay and now the seller wants my email

hi, i after 18 days of waiting i made an ebay enquiry about the whereabouts of my item. the seller (a business) told me it was on the way which i was happy with. after 5 more days ebay opened a case and refunded my money almost instantaneously because they said that they didn't get tracking details from my seller.

now, the seller has written to me and asked for my email so that they can send me an invoice. it is now 26 days and i still haven't received item. (but australia post said it is on the way 10 days ago).

of course i want to do the right thing and make sure this business gets paid but do i send my email address? what is the best way to pay this business? I thought: wait for item, contact them for bank details through ebay.

david.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: i received a refund from ebay and now the seller wants my email

I suspect you're over-thinking this, refund the seller when the item arrives not before.

Edit. Good evening Dave.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

It is not a legal document or contract.

As padi said, way back when you first asked the question, wait for the goods before you repay the seller.

Snap. Good evening padi.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

i do dwell on things.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

doesn't matter if the seller is selling a one off or in stock item

just tell them to list the item again and make the purchase thru ebay but don't "physically" send out the item

this way you had your original late item and ebay has a record of the sale (but nothing gets sent out)
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@ozheatwave wrote:

just tell them to list the item again and make the purchase thru ebay but don't "physically" send out the item

this way you had your original late item and ebay has a record of the sale (but nothing gets sent out)

There is absolutely no need for that, all the OP has to do is refund the seller when the item arrives.

You too are over-thinking this problem.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@ozheatwave wrote:

What a ridiculous thing to suggest. The seller would pay another lot of fees for nothing.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@ozheatwave wrote:

What a ridiculous thing to suggest. The seller would pay another lot of fees for nothing.

And leave themselves open to an INR.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply