if i have a item in my shoping cart and the seller marks me as unpaid for changing my mind is this o

trin-edwa
Community Member

i had an idem in my cart and changed my mind about bying it and the seller marked me as unpaid . i had just changed my mind not to by 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: if i have a item in my shoping cart and the seller marks me as unpaid for changing my mind is th

How did the seller mark you as unpaid if you only 'had it in your car't? The seller would not even know it was there

Not possible for a seller to 'mark you as unpaid' (do you mean opened an unpaid item dispute?

unless you had commit to buy the item 

And if you did commit to buy, you need to pay

You do not get to just change your mind in that case

And IF that case a seller has every right to open a dispute as they have been charged fees by eBay and had their time wasted

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Re: if i have a item in my shoping cart and the seller marks me as unpaid for changing my mind is th

did you just place it in the cart or did it get there because you hit the “Buy-Now” button?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

i thoughti it was just in my cart but mabe i made a mistake but if it said bye now it would have gone to my bank and the bank would have done that .

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

i thought it was in my cart and i was thinking about bying ti but chaged my mind when i saw the shipping costs . and then i just left it l would have had it go  to the bank acount if i click on bye now . then the bank dose by there is no turnig back once i do that . 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@trin-edwa wrote:

i thoughti it was just in my cart but mabe i made a mistake but if it said bye now it would have gone to my bank and the bank would have done that .

Don't you use Paypal, if not be very aware that you will have no buyer protection if you pay that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@trin-edwa wrote:

only if the listing required immediate payment.

Try this:

- look at your “My eBay” page and scroll down to see if it appears in your purchases and shows as ‘not yet paid’

OR

- go to the email account attached to your eBay account

- look for an email from eBay congratulating you on your purchase - don’t forget to check the ‘spam/junk’ folder

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Why not just put it in your watch list if you are only thinking about buying it. There is no need to put it in the cart at all unless you are buying more than one item.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@trin-edwa wrote:

i had an idem in my cart and changed my mind about bying it and the seller marked me as unpaid . i had just changed my mind not to by 

It sounds as if you have got things wrong. No one gets penalised for just looking at stuff. You didn't just have it in your cart at all, you have at some stage pushed the tab to commit to buy. You have to have.

Once that happens, it triggers a series of things.

The seller's item is marked by ebay as sold, the seller is charged fees and the buyer is expected to pay.

If the buyer doesn't pay, the seller can open an unpaid item claim and they'll get most of their selling fees back.

Sounds like that is what happened.

Now if you don't want the item, you don't have to worry. Nothing drastic will happen, no one can force you to pay and if you don't want it, just don't pay for it.

The only consequence is you will receive one unpaid item strike. No one except ebay can see it & it won't affect your account. If you were to get another one though in the next few months, you might find some sellers would have you blocked from buying from them till the strikes timed out. Which would happen within 12 months.

So your best course is to just leave this as is. Don't pay.

But in future, if you're interested in something, just put it in a watched list as someone else said. And go slowly, double check any tabs before clicking. Don't pop stuff in the cart unless you're sure you want it.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@trin-edwa wrote:

i thought it was in my cart and i was thinking about bying ti but chaged my mind when i saw the shipping costs . and then i just left it l would have had it go  to the bank acount if i click on bye now . then the bank dose by there is no turnig back once i do that . 

Did you get an email from eBay stating you have an unpaid item case open? 

I do know that there are fake Ebay emails circling around atm. I received one a few weeks ago but it looked real EXCEPT it was addressed to, Dear account holder....

Real Ebay mail addresses you by your user na,e or real name. 

Anyway, if it’s an email, don’t click on anything. Delete it. 

😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply