import charges

Hello All,  Have noticed lately there are import charges on international purchases. Payable in the currency of the country you are buying from.  This is in addition to the Global shipping program charges.  

Australia does not have import charges for items under 1000$.  Have been having to pay these charges for items under

200$.  Thought it was the GST  under the guise of Import Charges.  But this works out far more than the 10% GST Australia now has on international purchases. 

Vouchers/ coupons are also not available for the length of time stated. Had one that was supposed to be available until the 8th of July.

It disappeared today, the 6th July.  

Message 1 of 113
Latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

import charges

There are alternatives, for items that one just cannot buy in Australia:

• Buy from seller's own website. (If seller has an annual turnover of less than $75,000 to Australian buyers, there's no GST to be collected.)
  • Buy from eBay seller but specify US parcel forwarding address. (Thus one would avoid the import charge which PB is imposing on top of the GST. The GST itself would be collected by the mail forwarder.)

Message 21 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

I have a US seller that I regularly purchase from and I never pay import charges, only GST. I only noticed today on an item I was watching from another US seller that there was an import charge. She uses the GSP so I requested her to ship via First Class Mail and she refused stating that she’d had too many issues in the past. So she unfortunately just lost a sale as the import charges on top of shipping and GST simply made the item too expensive
Message 22 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

but lisa, looking at it from the seller's point of view . . . . . better a missed sale than a lost INR case where they would lose the item, the postage they paid and probably gain a defect.

If a seller declines a request to opt-out of using GSP then they probably won't mind the missed sale anyway . . . . so no point nah-nah-nah-nahing about it.

Message 23 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

marwi_3023
Community Member
K1ooo, so according to you Lisa is a thief and was going to do a INR.
Message 24 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

@marwi_3023 wrote:
K1ooo, so according to you Lisa is a thief and was going to do a INR.

Your post is so propostrous, even by your standards, that I have even broken from my normal posting style of starting my posts with a lower case character to say so.

When you post this type of stuff it affects your credibility, and I doubt that even my harshest critics would not draw the conclusion you have.

Definitely October worthy

Message 25 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

When you post this type of stuff it affects your credibility, and I doubt that even my harshest critics would not draw the conclusion you have.

posting from my mobile, small screen, small keyboard.

That paragraph should have been:

When you post this type of stuff it affects your credibility, and I doubt that even my harshest critics would draw the conclusion you have.

Message 26 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

marwi_3023
Community Member
Well what are you saying then?
That the USPS is unable to deliver to Australia safely.
You have to enlighten me. I'M NO MIND READER. SO OCTOBER, INDEED!
Message 27 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

marwi_3023
Community Member
You claim that there is a major risk of INR. How? Mr freaking genius
Message 28 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

marwi_3023
Community Member
I have no credibility. I have absolute disgust for the CLIQUE!
Message 29 of 113
Latest reply

import charges

@marwi_3023 wrote:
I have no credibility. 

Well you've certainly got that bit right marwi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 113
Latest reply