items continually going missing in transit - Asian sellers

WHY are SO MANY items from Asian sellers going missing in transit ??

Who is stealing what we pay for ??

why aren't sellers doing anything about it ??

I end up having to apply for refunds on 1 in 3 items I buy from Asian sellers as they never arrive, and it seems to me someone is getting rich stealing a LOT of items while in transit.

I've checked several times with Quarantine services, as have been told if they keep something, they send a letter to the buyer to notify them of why ......... so that is not the cause.

You'd think that if the seller picks up the bill (for item and postage costs), and with SO MUCH going 'missing', that the sellers would try and find out what is going on ............... but they don't sem to care.

Jason.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: items continually going missing in transit - Asian sellers

Hi there

could you please provide a little more information for one or two specific examples?

ie. Please provide us with; the item number, the date the item was paid for (if differing from the purchase date) along with any tracking number that you were provided.

We can then take a look & see if we can shed some light on the matter/s for you.

Also, have you contacted the seller? If so, what did they say?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

perhaps you need the be more selective of your sellers. Check their feedback history to see whether there is a history of items not received and if so don't purchase.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

As I said already, 1 in 3 items goes missing, so that is a LOT of items I've had to get refunded .... after wasting 6 weeks at a time for them to arrive. Sellers usually refund no problems, but there has been about 10 this year I have had to open a dispute for.

If you are with Ebay, contact me for details (about 30 items so far this year alone), BUT .....  if you are just a seller/buyer ...... I've no intention of passing on such details as you ask for.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I don't deal with sellers that have anything less than a 95% positive rating, so I think I'm careful enough. And as stated, I think it is more to do with postal services than the sellers, and it is only the asian postal services, everything I buy from USA, Europe, or UK I have very little problems with. The main trouble area's are Hong Kong, China, and Singapore, which usually go through the Hong Kong postal depot (The one place that everything going 'missing' has in common).

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

95% is terrible for a high volume seller,that's a lot of unhappy buyers.I don't shop with anyone under say 99% even 98.1% is a lot of bad fb for a big seller & is a risk.Those choices are making bad transactions for you.Looking at their fb negs is often an indication of what the problems are.This record is there for you to make informed choices about who you buy from.

This is a members board & you will NEVER find an eBay employee here to answer your questions.Just so you know.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@fonz69jason wrote:

As I said already, 1 in 3 items goes missing, so that is a LOT of items I've had to get refunded .... after wasting 6 weeks at a time for them to arrive. Sellers usually refund no problems, but there has been about 10 this year I have had to open a dispute for.

If you are with Ebay, contact me for details (about 30 items so far this year alone), BUT .....  if you are just a seller/buyer ...... I've no intention of passing on such details as you ask for.

You began the discussion.

Seems to have taken you quite a considerable time to realise, it is a matter of chance, buy from Asia, you may get it you may not.

Wait another considerable time for their now FAMOUS FREE POSTAGE - which means it may arrive or it may not.

Obviously you are not 'chatting' with eBay' here, the details asked for were only an honest attempt to support you with help.

No-one asked for your Passport Number.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Slight change of direction on this one. ( but still on the path I think )  I've mentioned it before, I know. item 261514010186 Cop the F / back and folks keep buying ??? 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@fonz69jason wrote:
 but there has been about 10 this year I have had to open a dispute for.

(about 30 items so far this year alone),

You also seem a bit confused about your purchases.

Perhaps it was only 10 & they have all arrived.

No, maybe 30 & some are still on their FREE POSTAGE way.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

LOLZ i think the O.P got a bit worried about the item number & what can be done with it.Seriously though the item number leads to the seller thus the peoples here can look at the sellers record & people can give suggestions about what's going on,to buy or not to buy etc.

O.P fonze,if other members are willing to give their time &eBay experience to search item numbers,they are doing you a favour & don't get paid for their time here.The sellers have experience buying & selling but that doesn't mean they are going to try to sell their stuff to you,alrightythen.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply