new email from ebay when you win an item

What's with the new ebay emails when you win an item? "YOU WON..."  There is no information given at all.   Previously the email "ENJOY YOUR ...."   gave the seller's name and location

This new email is just rude.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: new email from ebay when you win an item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

They must be very new....I haven't won or bought anything since Monday and notifications had not changed then.

They still Congratulations, It's all yours.  Then go on to suggest paying so the seller can send the item, giving all the relevant information.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

winning email

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I've bought a few BIN items this morning and haven't received that email, I got the old one. Perhaps it is only for auction purchases?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Is it a mobile app thing maybe?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yes it is only for auctions and no it is not a mobile ap.

Previously when you won an auction, you got an email which gave you the seller's name and locaiton - e.g. Jane Smith, Dubbo NSW;  which I liked because I record my purchases, also if you have to write to the seller, it is nice to be able to say "dear Jane..."

Now it only shows the sellers ID which you already knew.

The old one used to look like this (hopefully I have blanked out the private bits)

previous winning email.JPG

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Can't help you I am afraid, I don't buy very often but when I do I never open any email unless there is a problem. Like 90% of ebay mail they are consigned to the trash folder without me reading them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I thought I was the only one who did that.

My emails don't even go to my usual web mail addy, & I only visit it occasionally, mainly to delete.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply