not knowing what the item is purchase name is different from sender

this is what **bleep**s me off most about ebay purchases...I buy from a site that uses (xyz) as a name ..once the item is posted it uses a totally different ID.. now its '' your item from ABC is on its way" then when Aust post gets involved it can be totally different (jhk) will be delivered today. no where in here is a description of the goods or even a matching number.. you really need to sort this **bleep** out 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How and why do you think members here who have nothing to do with the transaction can 'work it out' ?

If you do not know what you bought from who, I doubt anyone else would , especially other buyers and sellers 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@hwil8369 wrote:

this is what **bleep**s me off most about ebay purchases...I buy from a site that uses (xyz) as a name ..once the item is posted it uses a totally different ID.. now its '' your item from ABC is on its way" then when Aust post gets involved it can be totally different (jhk) will be delivered today. no where in here is a description of the goods or even a matching number.. you really need to sort this **bleep** out 

'Well if thats the biggest thing that is bugging you at the moment life is going great.  Congratulations.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@hwil8369 wrote:

Quite honestly - I doubt anyone could make sense of this. lol

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

I don't think there's much to sort out

Often there is a company or registered business behind an ebay user ID.

Once a transaction occurs most documentation should be in the name of the business

Just go back to the $ amount to check which user ID matches which business name. Unless you are a high quantity buyer, it shouldn't take long

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

I don't think there's much to sort out

Often there is a company or registered business behind an ebay user ID.

Once a transaction occurs most documentation should be in the name of the business

Just go back to the $ amount to check which user ID matches which business name. Unless you are a high quantity buyer, it shouldn't take long

Exactly, quite simple.

It's a bit like when I go to the local Thai restaurant lets say "'mumma's Thai'',  but when it appears on the credit card statement it's ''YG trading Pty Ltd'.    One is the business name, one is the company name.   A simple google search will reveal all.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Often on ebay, after you buy, a seller will show the tracking number for that item.

I see it happen regularly in the My ebay section.

I don't think that tracking number should change, so if you want to see where an item is in the system, look it up.

I know the sorts of emails you are referring to, where they say 'Your item is on its way" etc but if you have a few parcels you are expecting and you're not sure which one it refers to, I'd just check out the actual tracking numbers themselves.

I can understand you might feel frustrated not knowing exactly which item is arriving but the main thing to keep an eye on is the My ebay section, with the list of items bought and the expected dates of arrival. Once something comes and you're happy with it, give feedback and that way, at a glance, you'll see what items are still outstanding. That's your main priority, that all items actually arrive and arrive in reasonable time, otherwise you can open a claim.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

There is literally nothing eBay can do to make sellers register an eParcel account under the eBay username or store name. If they don't have an eParcel account, the sender will just show "unknown", too, because Aus Post literally don't have a function that allows senders to input their details so that it shows up in tracking.

This is not an eBay issue at all, because it can happen no matter where you buy from. If it bugs you, use the energy spent on rage productively - get a My Post account, add the tracking to the account and name each delivery after matching them to the orders. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Yeah.     Sooo confusing.

3 purchases a month to keep track of.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Went straight over my head, but as a seller I'd prefer the buyer's ebay user name on sold items in my sellers dashboard. it's easier to refer to rather than their actual name. A seller can click order details if they want their real names for postage purposes.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply