opening a paypal dispute INR

I can't open a paypal dispute - item not received - is it because I paid though paypal with my credit card?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

My paypal account is attached to a credit card and I had no trouble opening an item not received claim, but it was a couple of years back and not for an ebay purchase. I would not have thought having paypal attached to your credit card should be the problem but it might be worth giving them a ring to check what is going on.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Wondering if it is operating on US time? is today the first day it has been 'long enough' to open a dispute?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I don't know - how do you work it out?   paid on  17 Mar 2019 13:32:44 AEDT

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

When was the expected delivery date?

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I'm afraid I don't know as I have never done it. I just figured if it was 'today' and if their clocks are on US time, it would'nt be ticked over,our time yet

Sorry

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

If it is due to not enough time has been elapsed you will usually get the message that a case cannot be opened yet.

And you can check the last estimated delivery date in purchased history to make sure you are past that date.

If you are past that date then it's probably another reason.

Paying by PayPal gives you that protection regardless what card you have linked to PayPal unless it is a type of item that PayPal don't cover.

Could also be a temp glitch. Perhaps try again tomorrow.

image host
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

is it because I paid though paypal with my credit card?

Just to clarify, did you log in to a PayPal account to pay, and is the CC on file with PayPal? (there are restrictions on buyer protection if you don't log into an account when you pay, i.e. it's not available if you use PayPal as a guest - usually purchases on ebay are exempt from this, though. If the CC is not added to the PayPal account, sometimes the option to dispute the transaction becomes available if you add it afterwards). 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I don't know - how do you work it out?   paid on  17 Mar 2019 13:32:44 AEDT

If it's only a recent purchase, why not open the dispute through eBay? Going through PayPal, the seller only has to prove they posted it to win the dispute.

It's 10.50am Sydney daylight saving time now. It's 4.50pm Tuesday eBay US time.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@curraone wrote:

is it because I paid though paypal with my credit card?

Just to clarify, did you log in to a PayPal account to pay, and is the CC on file with PayPal?

Yes.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply