order cancerlled by seller

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: order cancerlled by seller

From what I saw of your post before you edited it

Do you actually know the seller cancelled it and not  the new automatic eBay cancellation if a buyer does not pay within 4 days ?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@bka_akb  wrote:

order cancerlled by seller

------------------------------------------------------

Hi bka_akb, sorry to hear of your cancellation. Please could I ask if the situation was,

* Cancellation of an auction that you won?

* Cancellation of a Buy it Now purchase that you made?

* Cancellation of an offer you made which seller accepted but then later cancelled?

* Has seller contacted you with explanation?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

A sellr can cancel any sale, but if they have used the reason ''buyer cancelled'' then you can report them to eBay as they are lying to avoid a defect on their account.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Un-edited post OP indicated payment had not been made by deadline date after eBay generated reminder email

Was trying to clarify *if* they had actually made the payment after the email

Seems to be the new process eBay put in place for unpaid items

Item had not been re-listed at time of posting comment 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Hi 

This has just happened to me twice!  (I thought they were different sellers as they had different names but I am guessing they are connected because they both just used the exact same wording to cancel my by it now purchase - which had been paid.  Yes they have refunded, but that's not the point.  I accepted the first one with (reasonably) good grace, except the 'cancelled at buyers request' bit, but then the second one did it too.  Now I'm annoyed!  

How do I report this?

TIA

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

When you say the exact same wording,  it wasnt the standard wording Ebay include in a cancel sale email was it.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@lovecat_purple wrote:

Hi 

This has just happened to me twice!  (I thought they were different sellers as they had different names but I am guessing they are connected because they both just used the exact same wording to cancel my by it now purchase - which had been paid.  Yes they have refunded, but that's not the point.  I accepted the first one with (reasonably) good grace, except the 'cancelled at buyers request' bit, but then the second one did it too.  Now I'm annoyed!  

How do I report this?

TIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, that's no good. Sorry to hear that this happened to you twice. What explanations were given for the cancellations?

Spoiler

Are you a member of this group?

Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Cat-Rules-Everyday-is-Caturday/gp-p/g-500001022

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with sugar. Probably two different sellers who used the standard cancellation wording eBay tells them to use. I have been given exactly the same answer a couple of times in live chat by eBay employees who had identified themselves (as they usually do), and who were definitely not the same person.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

... That's why usually it is better to ask for help here, as we try to give real advice and not copied-and-pasted answers... We cannot really do things on behalf of eBay, but we can give advice based on knowledge and personal experience.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply