pitney bowes postal scam

ag4440
Community Member

the global shipping program is a scam

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: pitney bowes postal scam

talk about cherry picking to make a case.

Message 41 of 64
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Padi, that post was made in 2013 by a Canadian member so it has absolutely nothing to do with GST.

Where did it come from anyway.....it is not anywhere in sight on this thread even when it was new and current.

It seems that 4channel has exhausted threads on the Australian boards so has to look further afield for posts to answer.

Dear Lyndal,

I hope you''re having a nice day. Thanks for your input.  Yes, you are very corrrect. The 2013 by the Canadian member (Namely habanera4ima ) has nothing to do with GST. You may note that the title of this thread started by ag4440 is called "pitney bowes postal scam". The one started by habanera4ima  is called "Pitney Bowes: unjustified extra fees: huge scam: who will stop this scam?"

I just throught it may be of interest to see what ordinary everyday people (I feel a S&TFS song coming on) across the sea had to put up with as well. Anyway, it gives a bit of breadth to the understanding of this topic.

Quote: "It seems that 4channel has exhausted threads on the Australian boards so has to look further afield for posts to answer."  While you are partially right that I've looked further afield (and I didn't have to look far), I'm not looking for things to answer there or here as you suggest. And there are a whole plethora of threads on the Aust boards  ......  so if I wanted to, I could find some interesting ones. Just like the one here today.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards 4channel

Message 42 of 64
Latest reply

thanks for clearing that up 4channel.

While I’m here, I looked at that thread a little more closely, I thought I should to be clear on what you had posted.

I found this from another poster on that thread:

@marnotom wrote:

Try doing some number-crunching sometime.  It likely depends on the item.  I compared a listing for a $600 mobile phone using GSP with a similar one where the seller was sending the item by USPS's Priority International service (probably not the best choice of mailing method, but it is what it is).  Assuming that the one sent by Priority International would be assessed taxes by CBSA and Canada Post would also levy a US$9.40 charge (at current exchange rates), the one sent through the GSP came out almost US$20 cheaper overall.

Seems that the GSP isn’t always the most expensive option!

Spoiler
I know, I cherry picked a part of one post out of 213 to make a point that discredits the previously cherry picked part post, but that is what this OLD thread has disintegrated to.
Spoiler
still no apology!

Message 43 of 64
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

And there are a whole plethora of threads on the Aust boards  ......  so if I wanted to, I could find some interesting ones. Just like the one here today.

You know you could always drag up the thread I started a while back that was titled "putting the GSP into perspective" (or something like that.)

At least that thread looked at the pros and the cons of Pitney Bowes / GSP. , instead of rehashing all the negative sides of the GSP.

Spoiler
Doesn't fit your agenda maybe ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 44 of 64
Latest reply

@padi

and then there is my thread GSP stupidity documented on this thread

Message 45 of 64
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:
The 
@lyndal1838 wrote:

Padi, that post was made in 2013 by a Canadian member so it has absolutely nothing to do with GST.

Where did it come from anyway.....it is not anywhere in sight on this thread even when it was new and current.

Canadian member posting on a Canadian thread.  If you click on the link provided by 4channel you get to the Canadian boards.  When I clicked the link I got taken to a thread with 11 pages of posts.  I didn’t read any of them.

It was a rhetorical question slr.....I knew exactly where it came from and it certainly was not on the Aussie boards or indeed in the early posts on this thread.

It smells very like what another poster did some time ago.....cherry picked ONE post out of many posted on the US boards mentioning the GSP when basically the thread was not about the GSP.

Message 46 of 64
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

thanks for clearing that up 4channel.

While I’m here, I looked at that thread a little more closely, I thought I should to be clear on what you had posted.

I found this from another poster on that thread:

@marnotom wrote:

Try doing some number-crunching sometime.  It likely depends on the item.  I compared a listing for a $600 mobile phone using GSP with a similar one where the seller was sending the item by USPS's Priority International service (probably not the best choice of mailing method, but it is what it is).  Assuming that the one sent by Priority International would be assessed taxes by CBSA and Canada Post would also levy a US$9.40 charge (at current exchange rates), the one sent through the GSP came out almost US$20 cheaper overall.

Seems that the GSP isn’t always the most expensive option!

Spoiler
I know, I cherry picked a part of one post out of 213 to make a point that discredits the previously cherry picked part post, but that is what this OLD thread has disintegrated to.
Spoiler
still no apology!

Hi k1ooo-slr-sales , glad to see that you found this post by marnotom. So this member used GSP and got a supposedly cheaper solution. That's great.  Keep in mind  (for what ever reason) there are some folk who will post defense of Pitney Bowes just to counter the oriinal post. Maybe ...  maybe not.

Spoiler

And no cherry picking by me. That C&P from the Canadian board was of the first opening post in the thread.

Apology?? No sure what for. But if you say so then I am sorry.

Message 47 of 64
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

And there are a whole plethora of threads on the Aust boards  ......  so if I wanted to, I could find some interesting ones. Just like the one here today.

You know you could always drag up the thread I started a while back that was titled "putting the GSP into perspective" (or something like that.)

At least that thread looked at the pros and the cons of Pitney Bowes / GSP. , instead of rehashing all the negative sides of the GSP.

Spoiler
Doesn't fit your agenda maybe ?

Oh your "Putting GSP into perspective". Perhaps I will sometime. It wasn't a bad thread. You made some good points and took the time to write it up. Mind you it could be likened to Channel 9 addressing some big business corruption as opposed to the ABC. I personally would lean towards the perspective given by the ABC.

The negative sides of GSP are what hurts the "Everyday People" and that gets under my collar!!!  I never stated this thread or the many many others. I think I did just 2.  And this thread was re-activated by someone (an everyday person) who is hurting.

Spoiler

No agenda. I just don't like seeing people being scammed and ripped off. And I don't like middle men that have forces their way in like a splinter under the finger nail of the every day man or woman.

Message 48 of 64
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

The negative sides of GSP are what hurts the "Everyday People" and that gets under my collar!!! 

Unfortunately if someone only talks about the negative aspects of something then after a while they tend to lose overall credibility on the subject.

I rarely watch Channel 9 (or any other commercial station for that matter) but I do listen to ABC both on radio and television, and they can be biased towards their subjects as well - it's in their agenda believe it or not.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 49 of 64
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

You said: "this thread was started over 2-1/2 years ago on 26 September 2014, and the thread had not had a post for more than one year when you posted . . . . . . I think that more than qualifies this as an old thread."

Wrong, not a year.  last post was 05-07-2016. So that's 10 months. Not a year and def not over a year. Smiley Frustrated
Also,  canberrafisher had posted prior to that on  05/06/2016. I added my comments to it with my thoughts.

it was this exchange that you owed me an apology for as you made a rookie mistake that was pointed out to you at the time.

In fact, stawka’s and my two posts that highlighted your rookie error remained the last three posts on this thread for well over one year!

You brought my credibility into question in your rush to dispute every counter to your posts.

Apology?? No sure what for. But if you say so then I am sorry.

Do you even bother reading all of the content of other member posts?  If you did you would not have posted this half-rrrsed apology, and would have known why one was due.

Message 50 of 64
Latest reply