postage prices too high

Cost of some postage from some sellers is exorbitant. I just enquired recently for postage from the United States for a 500gram pack of pet food and it was like $90.00. Unbelievable. And Ive noticed other sellers with postage for a tiny item doing the same. No one could afford to buy this. Please sellers we want to buy these items but cannot afford the postage. Be reasonable.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

postage prices too high

rf
Community Member

Why do you need to buy petfood from USA? 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

Hi! I do agree that postage from the U.S. is extremely high so I don't buy from there. Some of our locals are'nt too flash either.Bought 4  identical items from a seller $16.95 postage(fine)-found 3 more identical from another seller who quoted $55.00 postage for same distance.!!!

But now I'm curious-pet food from U.S.????

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

Take a look at the thread a little below (here's a direct link: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/HIGH-cost-of-postage-from-US-sellers/td-p/578974). 

The high costs are most often due to the global shipping program, which has increased P&H markedly as a third part (Pitney Bowes) is involved, it's a fully trackable service (so the seller has PP protection), and is supposed to include applicable customs duties... Baiscally, the price includes a bunch of red tape and extra profit for PB. 

A lot of sellers aren't even aware of the actual charges (they never see most of the money paid, that goes as a separate payment to PB), they just opt into the program and the prices are calculated for them - they may never check what the international prices are. ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

Im curious too.. can you even Import petfood from USA without going thru quaranteen etc??

my freind sent potpouri and bowl as a xmas present and the potpouri was confiscated by quananteen, and they forwarded the bowl only.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

I have only had one item that was confiscated by quarantine. 99% of the time it should be fine.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

I dont need to buy paet food on ebay but I keep mice and in Australia it is very hard to come by some of the gorgeous treats that are offered on ebay.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

And the item confiscated was a very very good brand of pet food for rodents and it wasnt marked clearly on the customs declaration it just said Hay so make sure seller puts the proper description on customs dec especially for food otherwise you could be in trouble.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

gee michelle between this thread & your other one by the sound of things you are having a tough time on ebay.

Specialty treats for mice? Ok its official I have now heard it all.lol Smiley LOL 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

postage prices too high

@digital*ghost wrote:

Take a look at the thread a little below (here's a direct link: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/HIGH-cost-of-postage-from-US-sellers/td-p/578974). 

The high costs are most often due to the global shipping program, which has increased P&H markedly as a third part (Pitney Bowes) is involved, it's a fully trackable service (so the seller has PP protection), and is supposed to include applicable customs duties... Baiscally, the price includes a bunch of red tape and extra profit for PB. 

A lot of sellers aren't even aware of the actual charges (they never see most of the money paid, that goes as a separate payment to PB), they just opt into the program and the prices are calculated for them - they may never check what the international prices are. ๐Ÿ˜•

It's such a rort... I'm after some silencer pads for my Rock band drum kit, (so I can hear the music rather than the tapping of the drums) the pads are only around $20 which is fine, but the shipping is $45! 

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply